• Chapter 23 •

*Alinda's POV*

A few days later, Umbridge made another rule : All student organizations are disbanded. This made us realize that it will be harder for us to gather as Dumbledore's Army.

I was going to the library and saw Professor McGonagall walking towards me. "Hey, Professor! Is there something wrong?" She looked at me anxiously. "Professor Umbridge wants you for the questioning."

My heart dropped. Questioning? For what? I nodded and went with her to the DADA classroom. She told me that Umbridge was waiting for me in her room. I went into her room, to see Umbridge pouring tea for herself. "Good evening, Miss. Granger. Would you like tea?"

I nodded and sat onto a chair in front of her. She put the tea on the desk and I took it. When I almost got a sip, from the smell, I realized it had something in it. It was Veritaserum. I decided not to drink and act like I actually took a sip. "So, I think you know my Inquisitorial Squad."

"Yes," I said, which sounded almost like a whisper. "Well, my squad has reports of you and your friends all walking towards the same direction on certain days. Care to elaborate on what you are doing?"

I gulped and thought for a second. Then I opened my mouth and said: "It's a... it's a group where we share our feelings with each other about Cedric. You know, we really loved him. He was a great friend and losing him was very saddening." She didn't look convinced but she looked like she believed me.

"Alright, then why your sister, Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley, your boyfriend and his twin brother are in the group too?"

"Harry, well... he was a champion in the Triwizard Tournament and he was pretty close to Cedric. Hermione and Ron knew him because they're friends with Harry. Fred and George know him because they were in their sixth years."

"And that's it?" Umbridge asked, dumping in more sugar. I watched as she stirred and sipped again.

"Yes, that's it." I said, swallowing the lump in my throat. "You know that I couldn't lie to you about this even if I tried." I said as I looked out of the window. "Yes, I believe you," I nodded. "Now, you can go." I went towards the door and smiled at her before leaving the room.

My heart was beating rapidly inside of my chest. I ran to the Great Hall, to find my friends. Thankfully, they were sitting at the Gryffindor table, talking together. I made my way to the table and sat next to Hermione.

"Where were you?" Hermione asked, concerned looks on her face. "Umbridge wanted me in her office, to ask something." I said, looking towards the twins. Fred was looking at me anxiously. "What did she ask?" he asked. "Uhh, she asked me if we had a group, and I told nothing about Dumbledore's Army. It's actually not a big deal Freddie." I smiled at him, which made him soften and smile back a me. "So have you found a place to meet up yet?"

"Well," Hermione started. "We're not sure-" Then, suddenly Neville joined in the conversation. "Actually, I have!" We all were curious about which place he was talking about. He decided to show us the place. "I was thinking hard, really hard to find a place for Dumbledore's Army," he stated. "And when I was passing through this corridor, a door appeared on the wall. When I went in, I realized that it was
perfect for us."

We finally came to a corridor, which looked like it didn't have anything like a door or a gate. However, when we passed through the corridor a gate appeared on the wall. We went inside to see a gigantic room. "Neville, t-this the Room of Requirement!" Harry exclaimed, making me jump.

"Wait, the room of what?" Ron asked, looking confused. "It's the Room of Requirement," Hermione answered. "otherwise known as the Come and Go room. It has all of your needs in here."

"Say you need to use the loo," Ron said, as I scrunched my nose in disgust which made Fred laugh. "Yes, charming idea, Ronald. But yeah, it has exactly what you're suggesting."

"And Umbridge can't catch us?" George asked as Fred smacked him in the arm gently. "Mate this is the place where we used to go to hide from Filch!" Fred exclaimed. "Although, it was only a broom closet at the time..."

"This is amazing," I said. "I think it's almost as if Hogwarts wants us to fight back."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This is not a very long chapter but I tried to publish a new one. So I hope y'all are okay and safe. I'm very busy these days because of quarantine, online lessons, solving tests, having online exams... Ik it sounds weird and unrealistic but it is true :( I hope you like this chapter and bye for now! :)