[4]

Late that night, Sir Meliodas and the others all rested in the tavern. After a few drinks, Ban and King were already dead to the world which left all of the other guys to disturb my sleep.

I sat on a table with Howzer in the corner, the both of us talking in hushed whispers about trying to get some sleep while Gilthunder attempted to arm wrestle everyone in the bar.
*eye roll*. He leaned against me, yawning softly in my ear, as we watched Merlin absolutely wreck 'Lil Gil's' arms.

'Any bets he's gonna be passed out by the next round?' Meliodas giggled, joining Elizabeth behind the bar and giving the 'classically' inappropriate squish of her breasts.

It wasn't long after Gil had settled down that everyone else fell into a deep slumber, leaving me to my own thoughts. My first one was: Howzer is really f*cking heavy when he lies on you.

It's strange seeing Ban so silent, almost peaceful and un-dickheady. My first reaction was to gently let Howzer down, so that is exactly what I did and went to embrace The Fox Sin's silence.

His usually deep eyes were shut, the harsh lines in his face faded into a smooth, porcelain complexion, his jaw was loose and open unlike his usually tight posture.

There was something calming, perhaps even warm, about seeing Ban there so defenceless.
I didn't know what compelled me, but I reached out then gently stroked his cheek causing a soft smile to spread across his sleeping face.

The moonlight shone through the window where he lay, shadows of his luxurious eyelashes forming on his cheeks like sleeping spiders. Yawning, I lay beside him on the floor with my head propped onto my arm.

It mustn't have been long since then till I feel asleep.