[20]

Ban.

*time skip, a day later*

Don't hold your breath, Y/N. If you want to let go, then don't let me stop you. Immortality isn't something I'd wish on anyone, never mind making someone hold on just because I love them.

I suppose I'm finally admitting it, I love her.
She's helped me grow, the sacrifice I made to save her really saved myself.

I stood guard outside the castle, waiting for the demon race to break down the walls and slaughter everything in sight. But they didn't.
Tedious hours were spent with Y/N snuggling into me while we lay in the sunset across the border. Her (Your skin colour) glistened in the dimmering sunlight as her eyelashes gently fluttered shut beside me.

It was a scene from an overly sick movie, she was the shy girl and I was the guy who saved her life. But the classic plot twist was that I didn't treat her right and almost lost her, which made me realise that I had to fight for even one last night with this woman.

It then dawned on me that if the New Generation truly existed, she would have no chance of survival if I didn't protect only her. But the way she only seemed at rest when she was asleep near me, the complete look of peace finally snaking it's way across her usually peaked cheeks, she didn't mind dying.

There was a word for times like this. Was it peace? No, that doesn't sound right. I'm not an expert on meanings of the world, but I think the word used for this is four letters.
Love, that might have been it.

I snook another glance at her while she sniffled gently, drooling on the hem of my jacket and smiled to myself.

Yeah, Maybe it was Love.