[7]

Ban's Point of View.

I peeled my head away from the door and sighed. Y/N... I had no idea what she was going through. I was just about to go in and shout for her being in my room.

I softly knocked, and I could hear two audible gasps from the other side. Elizabeth opened it, just enough so I can see her face 'Sir Ban?'.

I was stuck for words and gave her a look in my eyes to say that I knew, causing her to give the same look back to me.

Loudly, I made sure Y/N could hear my words so it wouldn't cause suspicion. 'Why are you in my room?'

'S-Sir Ban.. we just wanted a place to rest and talk away from Meliodas and the others' The Princess stuttered, guiltily looking back at the figure I could not see.

I smiled at the thought that she thinks I could not hear her soft sobs, making me want to comfort her the best I could.

'I want to come in.'

'Ban...' Y/N whispered barely catching the words in her throat 'Can we stay here for the night? I'll make it up to you..'

I didn't know what it was, but the sound of her voice cracking made it almost impossible to move but I knew I had to agree.

A few hours later Elizabeth came downstairs to the usual Knights and the rest of them drinking. I could hear the hushed whispers coming from The Captain and Gilthunder, wondering why I am not joining in the festivities or drinking as I usually do.
I couldn't bear to be in the noise, so I went upstairs to check on her.

Turning the doorknob and sticking my head quickly through the door I was met with an indescribable sight. Y/N was laying on my bed, the shirt loosely clinging to her curves as the window was wide open, the moonlight shining on her ghostly white skin. I could hardly see her hair in the night, but the glossy shine was still visible. She was asleep, head resting on the jacket I had taken off last night which made me smile.

My heart was pounding, I licked my dry lips and practically picked up my jaw.

FLASHBACK- A Month Ago

'Ban!' She screamed, kicking me violently 'Stop tickling me!'. I pressed her against my bed, lips inches away from her blushing cheeks as we both panted. We had spent hours chasing each-other through the town and grassy fields until we got to the Boar's hat. Honestly, I was afraid I had tired her out but this girl never loses spirit.

She punched my chest gently, making me roar with laughter as she was so

'Beautiful...' I let the words slip from my lips, my voice sounding stranger as I repeated it in my head multiple times. Since my chest was against hers, I could honestly feel it pound harder. On Queue, we both stopped to realise the position we were in.

I was on top of her, hands gripping both her wrists and our lips vibrating against each other they were so close. Her eyes were wide, shining and gently calming me down each second I looked into them.

'Ban..' She whispered, trying not to disturb the beautiful silence.

'Yeah?'

'You're beautiful.'

End of flashback

'Y/N?'

She stirred softly, burying her cheeks deeper into my jacket revealing a dark zip dent in her left cheek.

'Come on' I pushed her gently 'We're going out.'

'Ban...? Is that you?' Y/N said sleepily rubbing her eyes.

'Yeah. We're going out.'

After my statement she wearily tilted her head, raising her eyebrows in confusion.

'You're my boyfriend?'

My lips said of course not, my full face turned a beet red but my mind was trickier to convince. Yes, I am, I'm your boyfriend Y/N.