[10]

Y/N's Pov

My heart raced, but Ban suddenly, violently shoved me into the ground as a tuneful voice came from above. 'Hey!' It was Sir Meliodas.

My breath calmed, relieved we did not share an intimate moment in-front of Meliodas and King but my mind screamed eternally. Elizabeth appeared from the trees, soon followed by Diane who both gave me sympathetic looks mixed with ones of excitement.

I took a moment to let it sink in.

I just nearly kissed Ban. BAN.

Screamed.

Then Fainted.

A few hours later

'Where the fuck am I?' I groaned, instantly feeling the cold sweat that had gathered in my brow over time. Turning around, I was laying In Ban's bed- meaning someone must have taken me back to the Boar Hat.

'Morning Sleepy!' Hawk screamed, taking me and my balance by surprise.

'Oh for fuck sake' I cursed as Hawk went to fetch the others, these rare times were the times I regretted even fucking being saved by the Deadly Sins.

I exchanged in pleasantries, honestly not bothering to listen or care about the stories Gilthunder and Howzer were telling me. Inside, I think they knew I did not care but wanted to attempt to cheer me up. Those two
were always bundles of light, for Gilthunder I meant literally, that I grew up around.

Sometimes they would come down to my Mothers' old bakery to order some of her famous homemade strawberry muffins for the King and the Holy Knights themselves. Others, I would usually sit out on my balcony and curiously stare at them playing carelessly in the streets with friends surrounding them. Then, of course, they were always at the Castle with the other Knights as they got older and even though we never met, I had felt like I had lost my only friends. In our teenage years, 'Little Gil' followed Captain Meliodas whereas Howzer focused all his attention into desperately trying to please his Father.

After My Mother died giving birth to Damien and Father left to be with another woman, I couldn't keep the bakery even though I had the cooking skills. So Howzer's father pleaded us to stay with him, bringing Damien up as his own since he always had a soft spot for Mother. At the age of thirteen, I usually slept beside Howzer because of frequent nightmares I kept getting.

It's strange, isn't it? When I look at the two boys grown up, I always see the reflections of our childhood selves deep within their eyes. As I said this, I found the two of them were looking confused at me.

'You completely spaced out' Howzer chuckled, giving me a very brotherly and playful shove. Gilthunder was certainly more mature than him, I'll give him that.

After a while passed, the tavern began to overcrowd downstairs and Meliodas had to break up yet another foolish bar fight. Sweet Steam drifted into my nostrils, indicating Chef Ban was making something that resembled a steak and gravy delicacy. Hawk gushed on to Elizabeth at the rich scraps she would recieve, Gowther and Merlin being... themselves. Just outside the window, Diane and King were having a petty argument over some book he had been reading to her- pretty cute to watch King's face pout each time she made a point better than his.

Twirling, I quickly equipped my apron and walked into our kitchen to find a shirtless Sin.
Ban looked so happy, in his completely isolated element so I felt I had to make my presence known. When he put down a chunk of thick meat onto a plate, I quickly came in from behind and wrapped my arms around him.

'Guess whoooo?' I taunted, delighted in his startled expression.

'An annoying brat?'

'Good guess'

That made him laugh. As we stared into eachother's eyes and remembered the heated events of earlier, Ban done something completely unexpected- even for him.

A chunky object was put in my mouth, causing an initial gag but then I softly squeezed the juices with my tounge. When I wasn't looking, he had cut off a chunk of his steak and put it in my mouth.

After I swallowed, he waited patiently for my reaction.