[17]

Ban's POV~

A/N:

Thank you for continuing to read after I was quite inactive, I have greatly missed writing this fanfiction. Sadly, this is finally the halfway mark throughout my story plan and I have just began to write the ending scene. I thank the followers that have been here for the start, the people that have enjoyed this cheesy fanfiction I had no idea what to write. The shorter chapters were not my favourite, so I'm trying to make the next one over 2,000.  I'll be more active now, pwomise :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was against me, giggling into my shoulder and tickling my nose with her overpowering (your favourite smell) aura attached to a large grin. Meliodas had mentioned an emergency earlier but I hadn't wanted to worry her, but by the expression lowering as he spoke even I could tell he was serious. The others had no idea- shill and excited as usual, but by instinct Merlin clearly already knew. Her face was ashen, almost how Gowther looks everyday- which made me laugh, body tenser than usual and the two of them covered the Sin marks. Y/N snuggled into me, murmuring sweet little poems she had been writing about sunflowers and how the light reminds her of whenever I don't look miserable.

'Bannnnnnn?' Y/N giggled, leaning against the table playfully 'I want a cuddle'. Naturally, I would reject her and she would go in a strop for the rest of the day but I truly needed a hug after almost loosing her last night. Opening my arms, her head tilted in confusion but she hesitantly rested in my arms. The Captain was nearby, wishing all the drunken customers a good day as the tavern finally shut.

Y/N's POV.

Captain Meliodas gathered everyone for a sincere discussion, but of course that was like trying to quieten a herd of school children where we were concerned. It was a midnight, everything around us was deathly cold and silent except the giggling coming from our less... smart party members. I sat beside Liz as we were careful to not discuss the happenings- and why we had gotten called here which almost nobody knew at the time. After the chatter stopped, he finally got a chance to speak.

'While in town today I heard some rumours of the New Generation emerging in Canterlot.' The Sin sighed, indicating he knew more than he was letting on as we gasped and began to whisper in horror 'The sightings are of the dead, somehow resurrected and trying to locate the sins. After Y/N's disappearance and visions of her brother, we thought it was simply because of dehydration or pain. She did see him, this is confirmed from this moment in time. 

'We are leaving for Canterlot in the morning as Arthur requested our assistance, Goodnight.'