[22]

Ban's POV
WE HIT 6.26K!

Very triggering last chapter, do not read it if you are sensitive to subjects like death.

Everything was chaos. A flurry of madness.
Infernal screams thickened the air, war had broke loose from it's delicate cage at last- and now we had to pray the price. To make it blunt, immortal or not, we were shitting ourselves. Lives had already been lost, a strong scent of De ja Vu clung to the air like sweat or blood to a corpse, dead lay as still as the wind.

I walked alone. Across a crooked, old wooden bridge and smiled. I smiled for the love I had found, the love I had lost and the events that brought me here. A few miles away from me, an entire kingdom was being massacred and a man still fought- not even for himself, but for the feelings I am now sure he has grown.
He lived forever, but as I exposed my skin to the harshly cut wood of the beam, It was clear to me that I would not.

My entire existence flashed through my eyes, from the first time I struggled to open them to a few moments ago where I shut them for the very last time. The splinters pierced my bare, white skin and my eyes finally took a moment to take in the view.

Then I jumped.

Emerald trees flew past me, the entire breathtaking scenery finally living up to the name; breathtaking. Blood, was this here before? Rushing through my ears almost as thick as the substance building up in my eyes, birds screaming alarmed in the mayhem.
Everything else around me seemed disturbed, but I had never been calmer.

The sudden plunge of my body hitting the freezing ocean burned every goosebump in my skin, thrashing desperately and convulsing in sheer terror at my decision. My mind tried to stay clear, this was my choice to make in the first place anyway, but miserably failed.
Murky brown sea flushed into my system, blue eyes finally beginning to close. An overwhelming gush of peace flourished through my skin, and that was the last thing that ever would...