Thunderstorms - Kim Seungmin

" I'm not afraid of anything ," thats exactly what Y/N had said on a liveshow earlier that day.

That was a lie.

There were plenty of things you were scared of, and unfortunately, thunderstorms was one of them. You could handle the quieter ones where there was only flashes of lightning - that didn't freak you out. It was the booming, rumbling thunder that always made you curl up under your blankets and clutch your plushies. Much like a cat, you hated the sudden, deafening clashes of thunder that followed the bright flashes of lightning. Fitting to your nickname.

And tonight was one of those loud, stormy nights.

You found it became a habit that whenever nights like these came, you sought the comfort of Seungmin. Sure, there was always the protecting aura of the hyungs like Woojin or Chan that you could go to, but there was something about his presence that calmed you down the most.

So, just like any other stormy night, you found your way to the doorway of Seungmin's room. The brunette was used to it by now, and he too, enjoyed these nights together (but he wasn't going to tell Y/N that).

Hearing the familiar footsteps, Seungmin squinted at the dark figure in his doorway, nodding once he saw it trembling. He simply lifted his blanket, patting the space beside him to invite you on his bed. It was a rare occurrence that he would let anyone else go on his bed, but you was an exception, especially during times like these.

You tiptoed your way over to Seungmin's bed, curling up on the space next to him and under his blanket. His roommates were already out cold after a long day of practice, but he still whispered quietly to the girl laying next to him, careful to not wake them up. "Can't sleep?"

You shook your head, wincing as a loud boom from outside followed the flash of light. Seungmin smiled softly as he nodded sympathetically. His hand made its way to your y/h/c hair, stroking it gently like he was petting a cat. His touch was always soothing. Maybe that was what made Y/N calm down whenever she went to him.

"I can't believe you said you weren't afraid of anything today," Seungminnie chuckled quietly.

Y/N pouted. "Hey, I did say I was afraid of something."

"Yeah, Jisung? He's absolutely terrifying with those squishy cheeks of his," he said sarcastically.

She stuck out her tongue. She just didn't want to seem childish on the show by admitting her fears. Another round of rolling thunder made Y/N flinch, and she gripped onto the brunette's sweater, curling her body in towards him.

As if on instinct (probably because he had done it so many times now), Seungmin's arm draped on top of the girl, his hand still stroking her hair. "It's okay, it's okay," he whispered, "you're okay. Take deep breaths."

And so she did. The next round of thunder didn't startle her as much. Seungmin noticed and smiled, "See? Not as bad, right?" There was no verbal response, but Seungmin could feel the other nodding against his sweater.

The two laid in silence for a while, simply relishing in the comfort of each other's presence.

"... Hey Minnie?" Y/N murmured.

"Mhm?"

"Could you hum something?"

"...Mhm. Is Day6 alright?" Seungmin felt another nod against his chest, and he found himself softly humming to the tune of Day6's I Loved You .

Y/N slowly began drifting off to sleep, her mind focusing on Seungmin's soothing humming that drowned out the sounds of the storm outside.

Yeah.

It's not so bad when I'm with you.