Reparing A Relationship - Han Jisung

"hey baby~" jisung calls out. it's late at night. jisung just came back from work and he's lying down behind you, playing with your hair while you text your mom.

"hmm?" you hum back.

"you're not gonna sleep yet? it's getting late." jisung glances at the time at the top-right corner of your phone screen. 22:56.

"hmm.. just a little while longer."

jisung pouts. he wants to wait for you, but his eyes grow too heavy and in just a few moments, he falls asleep.

you feel jisung's hands grow tired. eventually, he stops tugging at your hair and you let out a sigh you didn't know you were holding in. you turn off your phone and set it aside, pulling the sheets to your nose as you snuggle into jisung's warmth.

---

"baby?"

you can just barely hear jisung's groggy voice through the speaker. you hold the phone to your ear with your shoulder while your hands focus on writing your thesis.

"hi. sorry. i might be back a bit later than usual." you say. for some reason you felt a bit breathless.

"oh, okay. are you gonna be fine coming home on your own? it's really late. i can come pick you up."

"no!! it's fine. i don't wanna keep you up."

jisung lets out a sigh on the other side of the phone. "okay. love you."

you hum back, then end the call.

after a few hours, your hands get too cramped to the point that you can't even write anymore. you let out a sigh and put down your pen, letting your limbs strecth out. a few moments later, you're outside of the library, and at a bus stop. in the corner of your eye you catch someone that looks almost exactly like jisung, but you think you're just seeing things.

when you get back home, the lights are still on. your feet drag your tired body to your bed and you flop onto it as sleep starts to take over your body. you realize that you're alone on the bed, that jisung isn't there, but sleep hits your head before you can even think about it.

---

jisung gets into a fight during work. he comes back home with some bruises and a bleeding nose. honestly, he can't even remember what happened. he doesn't even know why he fought that guy in the first place.

when he opens your bedroom door, he finds you fast asleep at your desk. your lamp is still on. he sighs to himself and walks over to your bed to take your blanket, then walks over to you to drape it over you. he doesn't forget to plant a kiss on your head.

jisung doesn't want you to see him like this when you wake up. he leaves you alone in your room and takes himself to the bathroom, where he attempts to clean himself up.

the water sizzles at his bruised skin. he winces, but keeps going. he's still not sure why he got into a fight. he finds it funny. he laughs at himself.

he makes his way to the kitchen, where he decides to make some food before dozing off. he hasn't eaten since yesterday.

making eggs isn't easy when your body doesn't want to cooperate. he stumbles around a bit, trying to move around the kitchen without making a mess. unfortunately, that doesn't work out for him. he picks up a plate from the dish rack, but his hand doesn't register how heavy the plate actually is. it smashes onto the floor.

---

when you wake up, it's because of the sound of glass shattering. you realize that you fell asleep at your desk last night. the digital clock in front of you shows the time in bright red. 02:08.