The Trip - Jisung Han

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to confess to your crush before the end of the trip."

Jisung stares blankly across the circle. "What- what if I don't have a crush?"

"We all know you have a crush Jisung. You get all awkward and fidgety when the subject comes up." Felix mentions.

Jisung's eyes anxiously flit around the room, not making eye contact with anyone. "That's a weak dare. You won't even be able to know if I've completed it or not."

"You're a horrible liar though." Hyunjin points out. "So when we get back to school, we'll ask you if you've completed the dare or not, and we'll be able to tell just by seeing your body language."

Jisung bites his lip, eyes downcast. "Fine."

˜ ˜ ˜

"You didn't have to accept the dare you know."

"Well would you have wanted to drink that concoction of ketchup, mustard, pepper, grape juice, crushed Oreos-" Jisung's rant dies off as he stares at you, knowing that you understand what he's trying to get at.

"I mean, I guess it would have to depend on what the dare was."

"I don't know if any dare would be awful enough for me to choose that drink over it." He fake gags. "But what if you were dared to confess to your crush? Would you do it?"

You shrug, smiling. "I purposely didn't play so that I wouldn't have to regret having done something Jisung."

He blinks. "So- so that means you have a crush though?"

You puff out your cheeks, before letting the air go. "Yeah I guess so."

˜ ˜ ˜

It's the senior year, 2-night, school trip that you're all on. Aka that last school trip of your lives. Having rented out a lodge for the class, the school has given everyone permission to make use of the forest trails and indoor gaming rooms. The schedule consists only of meal times, lights out at 10 with everyone in their assigned bedrooms, and free time. Hence the circle of people playing truth or dare in the common room last night, while you sat and watched.

The second day of the trip, today, has been going well so far. Waking up at 10, with a pancake and bacon brunch at 11 made everyone's day start off on a good foot, and then there was the large game of spoons (which were hidden around the lodge instead of sitting in front of everyone) in the afternoon. Supper consisted of fettuccine alfredo and bread sticks, and by now it's almost 8:30 in the evening. The majority of everyone had headed down to the large indoor pool, making use of the long spirally slide and the hot tub, but you had chosen to relax in your bedroom instead. You'd partaken in the pool activities of yesterday evening, and you didn't feel like having a shower two evenings in a row. You also didn't want to go to bed smelling like chlorine, hence why you made the decision to lay on your bed and enjoy a book you had brought with instead.

Twenty minutes in and your phone vibrates.

Jisung:

You're not swimming either?

You:

No, why?

Jisung:

Can I come hang out with you?

You:

Sure. I'm in room 147 on

the second floor

Three minutes later and there's a knock on your door.

You and Jisung have been friends since the very beginning of high school, as having the same friend group naturally drew you two together. Unlike most of the friends you've made in the past, becoming friends with Jisung seemed like a breath of fresh air. Not that your other friends were bad, but you felt like you could completely be yourself around him, thus letting you breathe easily. Jisung rarely made jokes about the things you struggled with, and when you talked with him, you could tell he actually listened and cared about what you had to say. The only problem with this friendship was that you didn't know if you really wanted to keep it as a friendship. See, over the past couple of years, Jisung has (probably unknowingly) snuggled his way into your heart. It also doesn't help that he's very into skinship. To be honest, if you did start to date, your relationship probably wouldn't change a lot, but at least you wouldn't be feeling like you had to keep your feelings unhealthily bottled up.