Gotta See Blood - Yang Jeongin

Jeongin's dancing his heart out, dancing to the best of his abilities but he can feel himself grow tired and sluggish and his moves sloppy and uncontrolled. It's annoying him because he feels like he's not in control of his own body, but if it's annoying him; boy must Chan be shaking in his boots in anger.

Chan's seated in front of Jeongin, with his back to the mirror and his knees pulled up with his arms resting upon them, and his mouth is pulled tightly shut and his eyes hard and calculating. Jeongin can see Chan's right foot tapping to the rhythm of the music and Jeongin wonders how Chan can do it so effortlessly while not even focusing on the music, while Jeongin can't hit one step without being offbeat.

"Again," Chan's voice resonates throughout the practice room and Jeongin tries to refrain from groaning because his body is in pain and he can feel his heartbeat in his head and behind his eyes, the music to their new title track starts and he gets in position, he knows he has to get it right. It's already way past midnight and his hyung are all as tired as him, if not more, with Felix' already sleeping against Changbin's shoulder Jeongin feels guilt wash over him because his hung should be back at the dorm sleeping and not in that uncomfortable position waiting for Jeongin to finally get it right.

When Seungmin's part starts Jeongin can feel his body failing him, can feel his knees wobble and his chest tighten and he knows it's only a matter of time before he actually collapses, but he's also aware of how disappointed his leader already is in him so he keeps pushing through the dance despite the pain in his limbs and the thumping in his head.

When the song finally ends he's feeling a hundred times worse than he did before, his chest is heaving and he can barely feel his legs. "Jeongin-ah, I know you're tired, we all are, but please just try a little harder, okay?" Chan says with a deep sigh and Jeongin tries to smile to reassure his leader that he will work harder and ace the dance but a cough interrupts him and he bends over with his face in the crook of his elbow. The cough shakes his entire body and his throat feels raw. Thankfully it doesn't last long and he soon straightens up again.

But the damage is already done because Chan doesn't look annoyed anymore, he looks concerned, "you alright there buddy?" he asks carefully and Jeongin nods with the same eye smile despite feeling like he's about to pass out, and to add to that, feels like he's about to throw up.

He knows Woojin is staring at him, can feel his gaze on him, so he looks over at his hyung to give him a reassuring smile but Woojin's face quickly goes from concern to horror and Jeongin's has no time to ask why because in a matter of seconds Woojin is in front of him and tilting his head up to the shock of Jeongin. But he soon understands why when he feels liquid hitting his lip so he reaches up to touch his nose and his finger come back red with blood. "Oh," he mumbles, shocked at the new revelation and a little scared that he let it go that far. A tissue is pushed up into his face and Jeongin looks towards the person holding the tissue and sees Minho looking at him worriedly.

There's a steady hand on his shoulder and Jeongin traces the hand to the face of Hyunjin who looks quite angry, which has Jeongin on edge because he can't tell if it's directed at him or someone else.

Minho's swirling some more tissue into a point and pushing it into Jeongin's nose and Jeongin tries to pull his head back, tries to tell his hyung that he's not a kid and that he can do it himself, but Hyunjin grabs his head with both hands from the back and keeps Jeongin still so that Minho can finish.

When Minho steps back Jeongin can see Chan hovering in the back, unsure of how to act and Jeongin feels guilt gnawing at him, "hyung it's fine it's just a little nosebleed," he mumbles through the paper hanging down from his nose in unnecessarily big pieces but Chan shakes his head and slowly makes his way over to where the group his huddled, minus Chanbin and Felix because Changbin's trying to wake the boy up but he's sleeping like a rock.