Childhood Besties - Lee Felix

"So I'm leaving to Australia in about two hours," I say on the phone to my best friend since childhood.

A couple of hours ago my dad called me downstairs and said "Y/N you've been slacking on your studies and your friends are a bad influence. This environment isn't a place for a lazy student like you. Pack your things" he slid a suitcase towards me "we're moving to Sydney in Australia."
"Wait... What? We're moving to Australia?! What about everything here?" he ignored me.

"But can we at least meet right now? I want to hug you goodbye..." my best friend said with her voice shaking.
"My father isn't letting me leave the house. He probably thinks that I'll run away." after some silence she spoke
"I can't believe that you'll be so far away... Hey, isn't the school for 'troubled learners' in Sydney? Where all people get a chance to apparently turn their life around?"
"Oh yeah, I think so... I really hope my father doesn't force me to go there. I read that people are treated like crap there."

The flight was fine, but all I could think about was how I left without a word to my friends and how much I've disappointed my dad... He is doing this for my sake so I should try to not be so down.

Once we arrived in Sydney my dad rented a car and we drove in it for hours. It seemed colder here than it was back home, but looking out the backseat window the falling leaves dancing in the wind were distracting me from my thoughts... Until my dad stopped the car next to a sign reading "School of Troubled Youth".
"Take your suitcase, go in this building and give the counselor these docu-"
"Do you think I'm troubled?'' I cut him off
"Stop making this harder Y/N!" he said with his tone getting more strict. I wanted to fight back but I saw no point in doing that. There's no way I can change his mind so I did as he said.

I started walking closer to the school. It was a really old building, but I could see the modern repairs. To be honest it doesn't look like school at all. It looks cold and abandoned. The wind got stronger making me snap out of my thoughts so I went into the school.

The inside isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. The walls were dark lit up only by candles making it feel cozy. Unlike the outside, there were plants everywhere. The desks and shelves are cluttered with books and papers it feels like a little library though there aren't any people around here.

I've been searching for the counselor's office for over fifteen minutes. I might be lost.
*step step step*
I turn my head around a corner and see an Asian boy with black hair running my way. As he gets closer I get a better look at his deep dark eyes and his... freckles...?
"Hey! I haven't seen you around here, are you new?'' his deep voice startled me making me realize that I was staring.
"Oh! Uhm h-hi." I stuttered "Yeah I'm new here. I'm looking for the counselor's office."
"Hmm I might be wrong, but I think it's downstairs at the end of hall A. There should be a sign there."
"Ah thank you so much!" I smiled.
"Good luck with the counselor," he smirked and went his way. I wonder if the counselor is strict now... Ugh. His mischievous smirk is making me worry and my heart is skipping beats.