Chapter 11

Michelle and Caroline were getting ready to leave for the Nationals the next morning. When they all met up, Caroline saw Ned but no Peter. Caroline walked up to Ned to see what was going on.

"Where's Peter?" Caroline whispered.

"I-I don't know. He went out last night and never came back."

"What?!"

"I know. Just calm down. He won't answer his phone. Let's just focus on the decathlon."

"Peter Benjamin Parker you're in so much trouble." Caroline muttered to herself, walking into the auditorium where the competition was going to be held.

As Peter was rummaging around, he came across another glowing orb.

"Hey, it's just like the glowing thingy."

"That is an explosive Chitauri energy core." Karen replied.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. We've been carrying a bomb around?!" Peter said in a panic.

"It would require radiation to activate."

"No, no, no." Peter said, trying to get service on his phone. Ned had the bomb and what if something happened and it blew?

"I need to get out of here!"

After the competition, the team headed, with trophy in hand, to the Washington Monument. Michelle looked up at it and Mr. Harrington looked over at her.

"Enjoying the monument Michelle?"

"I don't really want to enjoy something built by slaves." And with that, Michelle opened her book again while everyone else went up.

As they got in line, Peter finally answered his phone and as Ned was talking, Liz took the phone and began questioning Peter as to where he was. Caroline was about to get her chance to chew him out when they had to place everything on the X-ray conveyor belt.

As they were going up the elevator, Ned's backpack began to glow and a blast of energy shot out, shaking the elevator and trapping the team.

Meanwhile, Peter witnessed this below as he tried to get in touch with Ned to warn him.

"My friends are up there!" Michelle said, pointing to the monument.

"What?!" Peter said as he began running and climbing the monument.

Everyone inside the elevator was screaming and though the guide tried to calm them, it did not help. Minutes later, the elevator began to fall. Caroline and Liz grabbed onto each other as everyone screamed. Caroline was stuck on if she should reveal herself to the team or do nothing when suddenly, Spider-Man fell in and shot webs, causing the elevator to stop falling and began pulling them up.

"Don't worry, I got you." Spider-Man said.

Caroline didn't know if it was just her but it seemed like Spider-Man was directing that and looking particularly at her and Liz.

"Yes! Yes!" Ned said, shaking the elevator.

"Ned." Caroline said.

"Hey, hey big guy. Stop moving around."

"Sorry" Ned said, looking sheepishly. Caroline just rolled her eyes and shook her head at her friend.

As Spider-Man pulled the elevator up to the exit, everyone began to climb off one by one. Caroline and Liz were the last to get off when the elevator began to fall. Spider-Man shot a web at Caroline's wrist and she caught Liz. He began pulling them up and got them to where everyone else was. Spider-Man stared at them for a moment before his web snapped and he fell.

"Are you really friends with Peter Parker?" Flash yelled down.

"Seriously?" Caroline breathed out, hands on her knees trying to calm herself down.

Once they got back home, Caroline was met with Josh and her mom.

"Sweetie are you okay?"

"I'm fine mom. Just a little shaken."

"You had us and your father worried. At least everyone's okay."

"Where's dad?"

"Back at the apartment waiting for us."

Once they arrived back to the apartment, she immediately hugged her father.

"How are you holding up sweetheart?"

"I'm okay. Just a little shaken but I'll be fine."

"Can I talk to you in your room really quick?"

"Sure...." Caroline said confused as to what he wanted to talk about.

When they reached her room, Tony closed the door and pulled out his phone, tapping a few buttons.

"I know this is the wrong time with what just happened but I have you here right now and I needed to ask. Is this you?"

Tony played a video of her as Blue Electric.

"Uhhhh....."

"I mean I know it's you but how long have you had powers?"

"Since I was born."

"So your mother and Josh know?"

"Mom knows about my powers but Josh is the only one who knows I go out to fight crime."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was scared."

"Oh Care bear. You don't have to be scared to talk to me. I actually am proud of you and I want to help you out." Tony said giving her a hug.

"Really?"

"Yes. And maybe one day, you can become an avenger."