Fade

Trigger warnings: Depression. Mention of suicide. Bad things. Small curse. Panicking.

   Virgil's POV

I grabbed the box from under my bed. The cape, the handle, the books. I took out the old note. It would have to do. I put the items back in the box. It hurt. My hands went to my hair as I sunk to the floor. Tears welled up in my eyes. It was all too much. I rocked my self as I held back screams. The shadows were coming to get me. Too much. Too much. Too much. Too much.

You know what to do.

    Patton's POV

It hadn't been a full hour yet. I was just worried about Virgil. I still remembered when he first came to the mind. We didn't know who he was, but we liked him. Everyone just..... grew apart. I sighed as o walked upstairs. I went and knocked on Virgil's door.

"Hey kiddo are you in there?"

I heard muffled sobs from the other side.

"Kiddo? Can I come in?"

The only noise was crying. I tried to open the door, but it was locked.

"Kiddo let me in."

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Virgil open this door!"

"I-I can't. I'm sorry. I....... It's not worth it."

I was pounding on his door.

"Virgil Sanders open the goddamn door!"

"I always loved you guys..... even if I never showed it."

"Virgil please let me in. We can help you! We can fix this!"

"I'm too broken. I'm too lost."

"Virgil please!"

"Tell Deceit I love him. He was the best brother I ever had."

"No! You're not leaving me Virge!"

I knew what he was going to do. A side can't die. But a side can fade away.

"Tell Roman that he can have my Tim Burton posters. I-i know he always wanted them."

"No no no no no!"

I continued pounding at the door. I scratched at it as I slid down to the floor.

"Thank Logan for me. He taught me all sorts of astronomy and astrology stuff. It helped me a lot."

"Virgil. Kiddo. Honey. Please open the door!"

I heard a gasp of pain and a soft click. He had unlocked the door. I yanked it open. Virgil's face was ashen. He was shivering.

"Virg-," I started but he cut me off.

"Patton. You and Dee were there for me when I wasn't there for myself. I'm sorry I can't do this. But I ask you to take care of the new Anxiety."

I started to sob as I threw myself into him.

"Don't do this!"

"I'm sorry."

"Please!"

"I can't deal with myself anymore. I'm too broken."

I was at a loss. What would Logan do? Wait....

"Logan, Roman, Deceit!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I held on to Virgil tightly.

"I love you Patton."

All of a sudden I was just holding clothes.