Sword

A/N Just a friendly reminder that the past sides didn't know Virge's name.

     Roman's POV

I comforted Patton as he sobbed into the cloth he was holding. Logan stood staring at a book for a long while. I saw him take a shaky breath and turn away from us. He brought one of his hands to his face.

"I guess it's your turn, Roman," he said with a quivering voice.

I walked up to the box warily. So far, Patton and Logan seemed very upset by its contents. I peered inside the box. There was a piece of paper, a stuffed animal, and a sword hilt. I picked up the hilt and looked at it. There was writing engraved in it.

The writing was,

Ro+Emo :)

Flashback

It had only been 2 months since the Emo had joined us. We all loved him. He was scared of a lot of things, and he made Thomas scared of them too, but that just gave me more things to fight. The purple emo and I loved to fight the dragon-witch together. We would be off in the imagination for hours. We were just using some swords that I had quickly conjured. We had already planned to go to the imagination today, so I wanted to do something special. I decided to create two new swords.

I had worked on these swords until I dropped from exhaustion. Mine was a sleek silver with a gold embroidered hilt. The hilt was also covered in red rubies. Emo's, on the other hand, was a lot more difficult to make. His sword was an obsidian black with a deep mulberry purple hilt. The hilt had amethyst gems in it. It had a dark grey skull on the bottom of the hilt. The skull had lilac purple, glittery eyes.

I looked at the swords and smiled with satisfaction. I was proud of these swords. They could defeat any dragon-witch. I placed them in two hilts that were around my waist.

I bounded down the stairs and ran to the front door. Our front door lead to the Imagination.

"Where are you going, Roman?" Patton yelled from the kitchen.

"To the imagination with the not-so-scary emo!" I yelled back.

"Okay, just be safe!"

"We will!"

I ran out the door and basically flew to the tree. The emo and I had created a tree together. It was a mix between a mahogany tree and a weeping willow. There were fairy lights intertwined with the branches. We had a big treehouse that was painted yellow, by Patton's request. It had toys, blankets, beanbags, and even beds, in case we wanted to sleep there.

I climbed the ladder that lead up to the entrance.

"Knock, Knock!" I called.

"Password!" came the reply.

"Lo is a nerdy nerd!"

We both giggled. He opened the door, that wasn't locked anyway, and I came inside.

"I have a surprise for you!" I said. I could barely contain my excitement.

Emo looked at me quizzically. I pulled out the swords.

"This one is for you."

He gently took the sword out of my hands.

"Wow...... Ro..... this is........ amazing!"

"I know! Are you ready to fight some more beasts now?!"

"Sure, But first I wanna do something."

He grabbed a pocket knife off of one of the several shelves in the tree house. He took my hand and together we carved Ro+Emo :) into the hilt of his sword. Into mine we carved BFFs 4ever.

"Will you always be my friend?" He asked me.

"Always."

"Promise?"

"I pinkie promise. We will be friends forever!"

End of flashback

If only it was forever.

We had always fought together, side by side. He kept the handle...... even after the incident.

I miss him.

A/N  Sorry that this chapter is so short! I want to have a vote. I have 3 different endings for this book. 1 is really sad. Like extra sadness. 2 is sadness but also like good. 3 is happy but cliche and pretty anti climatic. I could also do all 3.  Cast your votes now! And have a great day (or night)❤️