Betrayal

Deceits POV

I watched as Roman held the sword handle. He started talking to it. It was hushed and he was talking really fast, but I could hear what he was saying.

"It's okay. I know your not gone. You're alive aren't you?"

Then Roman started giggling uncontrollably. He turned and walked up the stairs, talking to himself the whole way.

Logan was still standing there, but he soon followed Roman. Patton continued to sob on the couch.

I looked at the box. It was like a little box of horror. No one was happy with what they saw in that box. I gently patted pat...... and stood up to walk over to the box. I peeked inside, even though I was afraid of what I might find. There were two things in the box. There was a crumpled up note and a stuffed animal. It was a....

Snake.

3rd Person POV

It had been 4 years since the "new" side had joined them.

The sides were enjoying themselves. Roman was coloring, Patton was playing with his stuffed animals, Logan was reading, and the not so new side was listening to music. But there was one side. A side that only Logan, Roman, and Patton knew about. A side that was locked away for years. A side that was assumed to be evil.

A side called Deceit.

(A/N they still don't know that he's anxiety but I will be using that instead)

The sides had always told Anxiety to stay away from this certain door, it was covered in old and flaking yellow paint. The door was locked from the outside. Anxiety had always listened to them. There was no reason not to.

But one night that all changed. Anxiety was walking down the hallway, in the middle of the night, to get a glass of water. He made sure to stay as far away from the door as he could. Then he heard a noise. It sounded like crying. Anxiety slowly crept towards the door. He thought, What if it was a ghost or a daemon luring him to the door so it could bust through and eat him? But it sounded like a side. What if a ghost trapped one of the sides in there? He ran up and quickly knocked on the door. He heard an almost inaudible gasp from the other side.

"I'm not sorry. I won't be quieter." The voice said.

There was no more noise coming from the other side. That greatly confused Anxiety. He was shaking at this point, but he was still young so his curiosity got the best of him. He turned the door knob, and to his surprise the door was unlocked. The room was very dimly lit and it smelled musty.

He peered around and almost screamed when he saw a face, well half of a face. The other half was covered by it's hand.

Anxiety didn't know what to do.

"Uh h-hello." Anxiety stuttered.

"Goodbye." The thing said.

"Oh- uh sh-should I g-go?"

The thing shook its head no.

"Ok."

There was a very awkward moment of silence.

"So-uh w-why are you h-here?" Anxiety asked.

"The other sides like me." it replied.

Anxiety's brows furrowed with confusion.

"Who a-are you?" Anxiety questioned.

"I'm not Deceit and my sentences aren't spoken in lies." He answered.

That didn't make sense to Anxiety. Suddenly a light bulb went off in his head (figuratively).

"N-nod your head yes or no. Are y-you Deceit?" Anxiety asked.