Sketchbook

Logan's POV

Patton stood there sobbing and shaking, while holding a cloth close to his chest.

"Patton?" I asked gently.

"No no no no no."

I stood up and put my hand on his arm. I took him back to the couch and sat him down. Deceit and Roman were there immediately comforting him. I looked back over at the box. I saw a book sitting in it.

I walked over and picked it up. It wasn't just any book. It was a sketch book.

Flashback

It had been three years since the new side had appeared. He still hadn't told us his name or what his job was. We made up nicknames for him. Patton called him kitten, Roman called him emo (a/n emo autocorrected to Elmo), and I called him noir, which is French for black. Black was one of his favorite colors. Besides his favorite things, all we really knew was that Thomas listened to him the most.For some reason, we were all fine with that.

It was a cool May afternoon, when I noticed Noir scribbling on a piece of scrap paper.

"Do you like to draw?" I asked him.

"Oh-uh sure. I'm not good at it though."

His face was beet red. I nodded and went back to reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Later that night I heard muffled sounds of..... sobbing? from Noir's room. I knocked on the door.

"Just a minute!" Came the reply.

I waited for five minutes. I was just about to knock again when Noir opened the door. We stared at each other for a few seconds before he let me in. I noticed the sloppily applied makeup on his face. I could still see the redness in his eyes. I wasn't much for physical contact, but I knew it made people feel happy. I opened up my arms for a hug. He threw himself into my arms and started to cry.

"Shhhh. You'll be okay. It'll be alright." I comforted him.

He continued to cry into me.

"May I ask what is troubling you?"

"I-I'm so scared" He sobbed.

"Of what?"

"Everything."

That was interesting. He couldn't possibly be scared of everything.

I was about to comment on that when he spoke.

"I'm just so scared all the time. Well not all the time, but I-I don't know what to do. I just-"

"Hey. You'll be okay. Here, how about I research on why you're feeling so scared, and we can figure out ways to prevent it."

He looked a little upset at that, but he was probably still shaken up.

"That's..... a great idea Lo...... thank you."

He hugged me tighter.

"You're very welcome."

We parted ways. I went back to my room to research.