Ch2: Friends

Ake's pov

I sat up and stretched, giving a yawn. I checked the clock for the time. 8:19am. I got up and changed into my clothes, splashing water on my face to freshen it up a little.

Once I was changed, I walked into the living room. Rogue was still asleep on the couch. He was curled in on himself, the coves wrapped around him and he was shaking a little. I frowned and walked around the couch so that I was in front of him.

His face was twisted in pain and small whimpers and pleads escaped his lips. I bent down and brushed some strands of hair which were clinging to his face due to sweat.

His fringe had slipped down his face, exposing a scar that led from his nose, across his eye which was missing. I grabbed a towel I kept in the living room and wiped the sweat of his face before standing up. 'Food will help make him feel better' I thought.

I got up and walked to the kitchen. I grabbed some eggs, sausage and bacon from the fridge as well as some ingredients to make pancakes. I cooked everything well and started dishing them onto plates.

I looked in my fridge to see what I had to drink. There was apple juice, orange juice and milk. I picked up the bottle of orange juice and poured two glasses.

I put everything onto a tray and carried it into the living room. Rogue was awake now and sniffing the air. "I'm guessing you smell breakfast. Here. I thought you'd be hungry" I told him, handing him his plate of sausage, bacon, eggs and beans. I put the two glasses on coasters on the table and the pancakes on the table as well, sitting back to eat.

Rogue took a bite of his food before he instantly started scoffing it down. "Wow. You really were hungry. I've never seen someone be that enthusiastic about food unless they were half starved to death" I laughed, taking a bite of my own breakfast.

Rogue almost choked on his food, his cheeks burning red with embarrassment. "I haven't eaten since the games began" he told me. "Oh. Did you compete in the games. I never really watched the games. I've always stayed out here in my cottage and helped people" I explained.

"No. I'm not in a guild anymore" he replied, looking down. "You alright? I saw you were having a bad dream. Did something happen that made you upset?" I asked.

"I...... Dreamt about my friends deaths" he explained. I looked down. "How many people that you cared about died?" I asked. "Everyone I knew. I'm alone. I have been for a long time" he explained.

I placed a hand on his shoulder as he turned to face me. "I know losing someone you care about is hard. I lost my family. But I keep going, knowing that they would have wanted to see me continue on then stay stuck in one place grieving" I explained.

He looked at me. He then turned to look at the side and sighed.

Future Rogue's pov

I turned away from Ake and sighed. I couldn't tell her that I killed my best friend aand was the one that set these dragons on everyone. She was being so kind to me. If I told her then she'd kick me out, maybe even hand me into the council.

If the council got a hold of me, they'd give me a life sentence or even kill me. I didn't want that.

My heart sped up around Ake. I know that I like her. If I don't want her to hate me then I won't tell her that I'm a murderer. Maybe I could help her out. That could help make me feel at ease.

I can stop using my magic and then I won't kill people and Ake won't find out.

"Rogue? Are you alright? You went quite" she asked. "Y-yeah. But I have a question" I told her. "What is it?" she asked. "Are you looking for an assistant?" I asked.

"You want to help me?" I asked. I nodded. "Well you'll have to wait until your healed. I'm not having someone ass injured as you walking around the place" she explained. I nodded at that. It put me at ease knowing that she would let me help. I gave a small smile, something I hadn't done since Frosch died. Ake could be my saviour. She could save me from the darkness that I have fallen into.