Ch8: New Companion

Future Rogue's pov

I was picking stuff up from around the living room. I had taken out the body already, burying it in the ground then cleaned up the blood.

I wanted to help Ake after practically destroying part of her house. I had lifted up the bookshelf that fell and began putting what had been on it back, having already cleaned up the glass.

The door opened and Ake walked in as I turned to face her. She had a lot of shopping on her, including a plastic carrier.

"What's with the carrier?" I asked. She put the stuff down next to the couch and sat down, smiling up at me. I raised an eyebrow. "It's for you" she explained.

I kneeled down on the ground next to the table and opened the small door. I could make out the shape of something curled up in the carrier.

I reached my hand in, cautious about what it was. A small head popped up and sniffed my hand before licking it with a sandpaper like tongue.

I looked at Ake. "He's a little friend for you. I thought he was perfect. He's like you. Doesn't really like other people but he's OK with me" she smiled.

I gently scooped the kitten up in my hands, my caution of handling a kitten back from when I had Frosch. The kitten looked around. He was snow white with little black paws, a black tail tip, some black spots on his back and the right side of his face was also black. He had bright Amber eyes aand his little teeth were showing even though his mouth was shut.

I looked down at the kitten, running one finger over his head gently, worried that if I was too rough then he'd break. "Do you like him?" Ake asked. "He's beuatiful" I replied.

"Great. I'm glad you like him" she smiled. "What gave you the idea to get a kitten?" I asked. "I saw you....Well.... The other you and I saw that little cat partner of yours. You really did care about him a lot so I thought it would be nice if I got you a companion" she smiled.

I got up amdd hugged her, burying my face in her neck. "Thank you. Your amazing" I purred. She smiled and ran her hands through my hair which I let her do.

After a while she hhad to get up to make food which I objected to, trying to get her to stay but she wouldn't have it. "Sorry Rogue but I have to cook. We can cuddle