Ch13:

Ake's pov

I turned to face Rogue, noticing him, kneel down on the ground, one hand balled up into a fist and placed on the stone floor. "Rogue?" I asked, worried.

He snapped his head up to face me, his eye cold and a wide smirk on his face. I stepped back. This wasn't Rogue. Everyone else was half paying attention and half fighting everyone else.

Rogue got up, covering one hand in shadows. He said nothing but sent the shadows towards me and the blue haired girl. I ducked out of the way, making sure that the girl was out of the way as well.

In the process, I scrapped my elbow on the stone, causing a small speck of blood to leak. I looked back up and saw the pink haired guy run forward and attack Rogue. He hit Rogue the first time, Rogue skidding back slightly but he dodged the second attack with his shadows.

I looked around, trying to find where he was gonna come out of the shadows. I felt something take hold of the back of my shirt and I was pulled onto my feet.

I turned to look only for a hand to wrap itself around my throat and lift me up. I grabbed onto the hand, trying to get it off while thrashing my legs in an attempt to get myself free.

I saw Rogue's smirk as he let out a dark chuckle. "Die" he whispered to me. My vision was starting to become blurry as my lungs screamed for air.

Suddenly something tackled Rogue as I fell to the ground. I coughed violentlyxgasping for air. "Are you alright?" someone asked. I recognised the voice. I looked and saw Rogue. No it was the present Rogue.

He was kneeled in front of me, offering me a hand. I took it ass he helped me onto my feet. "Help us fight. You have to be strong if you were taken" the spiky blond yelled.

"I can't" I objected. "Why not?" he asked. "I don't have magic. I'm a healer" I stated before bbeing hit by an attack of shadows.

I tumbled backwards onto the ground. I looked at my shoulder and saw blood splashed on my shirt. I felt my neck and found a large cut on the side of it.

I looked up. Lots of people were trying to fight Rogue while the present Rogue appeared next to me. "I'm going to get you out of here" Rogue advised.

"Please don't hurt him. That's not him. He's being controlled" I begged, tears in my eyes. "We'll sort that later. We just need to get you out of here. He wants you" present Rogue explained. I was about to say something when he was pushed aside, rolling across the ground. I stood up, about to help him when something was shoved through my abdomen.

I coughed up blood, looking at my attacker. It was Rogue. He removed whatever it was he had stabbed me with and forced it through my chest, hitting my heart.

A second after, fear filled Rogue's eye he removed the weapon as I crumbled down to the floor, everything going dark.

No one's pov

Rogue watched as Ake collapsed on the ground. He knelt down next to her and pulled her into his lap. "Ake?" he asked, leaning his head against her chest, listening for a heartbeat.

He heard nothing. "Ake?" he asked again, brushing hair out her face. No response. Tears weld up in his eye. "AKE!" he yelled to the sky.

He let out strangled sobs before disappearing with his shadows, leaving Ake behind. Withen seconds, the present Rogue scrambled over, starting CPR. "Wendy. Help me" he snapped.

Wendy scrambled over, using her healing magic while Rogue kept up the CPR. After 2 minutes of nothing, there was finally a reaction. Ake coughed, blood spluttering out, staining her teeth and mouth.

"Rogue?" she asked, head moving side to side. "Ssh. Stay calm. Your injured" Rogue comforted. "Where is he? He's scared. He needs me" she objected, feeling around the ground weakly.

Rogue gently placed her head on his lap and brushed through her hair. "Ssh. It's fine. We'll find him. It'll be alright" he soothed in a soft tone.

"What! He's tried to kill us and you want to bring him back here. He should be locked up" Gray stated. Rogue looked up with an annoyed face. "This is me we're talking about" he reminded them.

"He's not dangerous. He's scared and lonely. He just needs someone to care about. He lost everything" Ake stated, clearly listening to thee conversation.

"Can you tell us how you met?" Rogue asked. "I found him injured after those dragons attacked Crocus. I brought him back to my home and helped him. He's been so sweet. He's not a bad person. He's been so scared about his present self becoming like him. He had so many nightmares" she explained, taking a few gasps from the pain while Wendy tried her best to heal her.

"We'll bring him back. We promise" Rogue advised her. She reached up to her neck and pulled something off it, wrapping that object in a cloth. "Give him this. Don't open it. Just give it to him. He'll understand" she explained.

"All of you go. I'll stay here with Wendy. She needs someone to help keep her calm" Rogue explained. It looked like they were going to object but decided against it, going to search for the other Rogue.

Just as they were leaving, they could hear one more thing shared between the two. "So what's your name?" Rogue asked. "Ake Echofall" Ake replied.