Ch4: Tried

Ake's pov

I walked back from Crocus, holding bags of shopping. I opened the door and walked into the kitchen, unpacking the shopping.

"Do you need help?" Rogue asked, prepared to stand up. "It would be more useful if you stayed put" I advised him. I finished putting everything away and walked back to the couch with a newspaper.

"What's with the newspaper?" Rogue asked. "Oh. I saw some serious news and got it to read more about it. Rogue seemed to tense up. "What kind of news?" he asked. "A dark guild attacked the council. Only one person survived" I replied, still reading over all the details.

Rogue didn't say anything. I kept reading over the article. "Ake?" he asked. "Hmm. Is something wrong?" I asked. "Have you ever been in love with someone but you don't know what to do?" he asked.

"I did like someone as a few years ago and I did ask him on a date but he didn't want to date me because I wasn't a mage and I treated criminals" I explained. "What was his name?" Rogue asked.

"I don't remember. I usually stay away from all of the guilds and magic stuff" I explained. "Why haven't you learnt magic. You could try to learn healing magic" Rogue explained.

"I can't use magic. I was born with a disorder known as etharnano deficiency. Basically my body isn't able to handle etharnano like it should. If I try to learn magic then it makes me sick" I explained. "Oh" Rogue simply stated.

"Its not that big of a deal. I've dealt with iit my whole life" I shrugged with a slight laugh. Rogue pulled me into a hug and I blinked in surprise.

"I'll protect you" he whispered. "Are you alright?" I asked, pulling my head back to look into his eye. He had a tear in his eye. "Hey don't cry" I told him, wiping the tear away.

He laughed slightly although it sounded like his heart was hurting. "It's been so long since someone was kind to me. I lost everything and here you are being sweet and kind" he told me, placing one hand against my head.

"Am I not supposed to be?" I asked. "No. It makes you perfect. It's why I lo-" he started but a beeping started. "Shoot! The freezer!" I shouted, running into the kitchen to shut the freezer door.

"Stupid thing. I really should get a new one. The door doesn't shut properly so I always have to make sure its shut right and I forgot to check. Sorry about that. What were you saying?" I asked.

"Nothing. It's not important" Rogue replied, his back towards me. "Are you sure?" I asked. "Yeah. Its nothing. I'm fine" he replied. I looked at him with a frown. I knew it wasn't nothing but I didn't want to push him so I didn't press for further amswers.

"Well. I'm going to make some food. Want anything?" I asked. "I don't mind" he replied. I shrugged and went into the kitchen to cook.