Ch11: Necklace

Future Rogue's pov

I sat up in bed, a scream escaping from me. I looked around, eye darting about as I let out fast, shaky breaths. I was in the house. It was just a nightmare.

I felt next to me, eye still adjusting to the dark of the room. I froze up. The spot next to me was empty and cold. I turned to my side and saw nothing.

My chest tightened. "No. No. No" I begged, trying to stop the tears in my eye. I got up and went into the living room. "Maybe she's in the kitchen" I mumbled to myself. Nothing.

Her scent was stale too. She was nowhere to be found.

I left the house and looked around the surrounding trees. Nothing but the sound of animals. I shook my head. "This can't be real" I thought backing up.

I looked over at the small pool and saw my reflection but it was different. My hair was pure black and I had both eyes with only the small scar over my nose. "What's going on?" I asked, trying to stop my shaking.

I heard rustling but it didn't sound like the sound of an animal. I turned to face the sound.

I froze up. Some sort of shadowy creature crawled out. It wasn't anything that I'd seen before. It crawled over to me. Then I noticed it had several companions.

All of them surrounded me before enveloping me in darkness.

.
.
.

I woke up screaming, panting heavily. I looked around and saw Ake knelt next to me, worry on her face. "Rogue. Are you alright?" she asked. I pulled her close, burying my face into the crook of her neck where my mark sat.

She began running her fingers through my hair with one hand while taking my hand with her other. "Your nightmares are getting more frequent. Do you know why?" she asked.

I nodded into her neck. "It's close. It's only a few more weeks before this times Frosch is killed and Fairy tail is nowhere in sight. I'm afraid" I whispered.

Ake continued to soothe me. She pulled away after a while when my breathing had settled. "I have something for you" she explained.

I looked at her as she took a box out of her bedside cabinet and placed it in front of me. I opened the box to find two necklaces. One was a small heart while the other was a larger heart however there was a section where the smaller heart could fit in.

"You can choose which one you want. We wear them. They're a couple necklace set" she explained. I picked up the bigger heart which was made out of rosemary gold. The other was made of silver.

"They're beuatiful" I muttered. "There is another reason why I got them" she explained. "Why's that?" I asked.

"Say for example, I think your dead right" she started. I gulped but nodded. "If you aren't able to make it to me, like if you hhad a serious injury that stopped you from being able to find me, you'd give your half of the necklace to someone you'd trust after wrapping it up in something. I would understand that your alright" she explained.

I looked down at the necklace. "I just hope it never comes to that..... I hope that everything will turn out alright" I replied. She smiled at me.

I put the necklace on, hiding it under my shirt. Ake did the same. "I will always love you Rogue. I promise that. I won't let you go. Ever" she assured me. I nodded.