4

Hayley, who was still trapped in Davina's magic circle in one of the tombs, had wrapped a blanket around herself and was holding it up with one hand while she furiously beat against the magical boundary with the other, growling angrily.

Finally, Davina came back into the room with her arms full of supplies, looking calmly at Hayley, who was glaring furiously at her. Ophelia stood at Davina's side, which angered Hayley even more.

"Davina, let me out of here right now, or I swear, I will kill you," Hayley growled, glaring at the young witch.

Davina rolled her eyes and tossed a shirt and jeans at her before holding up a blood bag, "You can try. Or, we can have a polite conversation." She responded, showing no fear toward Hayley.

"You magically kidnapped me on the one night that I can see my daughter. Do not talk to me about polite!" Hayley yelled at Davina angrily before looking over at Ophelia, "And you're helping her! What the hell is wrong with you?"

"We drew you here to help you!" Davina responded in a calm tone, which angered Hayley even more.

"Elijah asked you months ago to break the curse, and you said no." Hayley reminded, trying her hardest to keep her calm.

"The Regent of witches can't be seen doing favors for the Mikaelsons." Davina informed Hayley, pausing for a moment as she tossed a blood bag onto the floor of the circle Hayley was trapped in, "But, maybe we can help each other."

Hayley, who was too hungry to argue any farther, knelt down and started chugging the blood from the bag as quickly as she could, squeezing it so hard that it got all over her hands.

Davina turned and glanced at Ophelia, just before continuing on, "Look, I have access to the witch ancestors. I can channel the power of the one who created the spell that cursed you. You can be free, Hayley." She explained to Hayley in a determined tone.

Hayley stood to her feet and licked the blood from her fingers, clearly interested in what Davina was proposing but still angry at the circumstances that led them here, especially since Ophelia allowed it to happen, "Under your terms, I'm guessing." She paused, causing Ophelia to sigh, "Spill."

Davina hesitated for a moment before finally information Hayley about the issue at hand, "There's a witch in the 9th Ward who hates that I'm Regent. She tried to kill me. If I retaliate, I'm starting a civil war, and I don't want to do that."

Hayley, realizing where she was going with the story, stared at her with no emotion, "Fine. Just tell me who you want dead." She responded without hesitation.

Several moments later, Hayley was using an athame to cut a lock of hair from her head, which she then handed to Davina at the same time that Ophelia handed her own lock of hair.

Davina already had a bowl of the duo's blood sitting on the nearby table, along with a half dozen lit white candles and one solitary new candle that remained unlit. She took Ophelia and Hayley's hair and walked toward the table to begin, "You're completely cloaked," She informed Hayley and Ophelia, "No magic will be able to track you. The witch's name is Kara Nguyen. She runs a café, Chim Lac, in the lower 9th Ward. She'll be there before dawn."

Davina took their hair and broke it apart before dropping it in pieces into the bowl of blood. She took the blood and hair mixture and poured it over the new unlit candle, "As long as the candle burns, your curse won't be active," she paused, "And since I'm adding Ophelia's, the same will occur for the rest of the pack."

"And when a strong wind comes along...?" Hayley snidely asked the young witch.

Davina waved her hand over the candle, which seemed to absorb Ophelia and Hayley's blood and hair, leaving only a blood-red crescent moon on the outside of it, "My magic will protect the flame," Davina informed her in a calm tone, "Of course, you'll have to work with me."