20

Later on, Ophelia and Davina sat at a booth, where both of them were drinking beer in brown bottles at Rousseau's.

Ophelia's eyes widened and she found herself looking both impressed and surprised at the fact that Davina was drinking, "So, you drink now, huh?" She asked Davina, an amused smile on her face.

Davina smiled and took yet another a sip of her beer without a care in the world, "Um, I guess getting shunned is a slippery slope," She paused, smiling at Ophelia, "I mean, some people tear people apart while others drink."

Ophelia playfully rolled her eyes, clearly figuring out that Davina was referring to the fact that Ophelia had been ripping the bodies of humans apart out of anger and guilt during her 'Slippery Slope'.

Not wanting to respond to the girl's comment, Ophelia nodded good-naturedly but was clearly still a little upset about the stunt the girl had pulled earlier.

Noticing the look on Ophelia's face, Davina gave her an apologetic look, "Ophelia, I'm sorry. I realize now that I didn't even give you much of a choice today..."

Before Davina could finish her sentence, Ophelia cut her off, "Much of a choice? You didn't give me any choice." She told Davina in an unamused tone.

After a moment, a smile formed on Ophelia's face, causing Davina to laugh in relief, "But thank you, Ophelia. You've always been there for me no matter what, and sometimes, I forget just how much that means," She paused, "We're not as close as we used to be, but whenever I need someone, you're there for me. Nobody does that for me, except you."

"Anytime," She paused, smiling sadly at the wedding ring on her finger, from her marriage to Jackson, "You know, I've lost a lot of people during my time as an immortal. Most of the time, it had been my fault. Knowing that, there were days in the three centuries I've been alive when I would stand in the middle of the French Quarter, thinking about just ending it right then and there. To give up. Each and every time I lost someone, I lost a part of my humanity, even when I wasn't part vampire. I felt as though I would never be happy again. And now that I realize it, there is no way of me dying. I'm immortal. And there's not a single way for me to die. It's kind of the reason I love being apart of the Mikaelson family. They're immortal as I am. And they'll probably be alive just as long as I will," Ophelia paused, causing Davina looked saddened and concerned by Ophelia's confession.

The female tribrid sighed before she continued, "If there was any way to bring Jackson back? I would. In a heartbeat. No matter what." She paused, sighing sadly once more, "And if there's even a slight chance for you to be with the man you love...I think you should do it. Even if it involves the Strix Coven."

Davina looked up at Ophelia in surprise but  was clearly appreciative of her support, "But if they try to hurt you in any way..." She trailed off, causing Davina to look at her in concern when she saw the humanity leave Ophelia's expression, "I'll kill every last one of them. Starting with that bitch Aya."

Davina remained silent, knowing by the look on Ophelia's face that she was being entirely serious.

_____

After leaving Rousseau's, Ophelia headed back to the compound where she found Klaus in his study, looking to be searching for something, "Hey, what's going on?" She asked, causing the group to turn to her.

Clearly angered that Ophelia had been M.I.A all day, Klaus quickly stood up and walked over to her, "Oh, look who finally decided to join us," He announced in a mocking tone before his face became cold, "Where have you been, Ophelia?"

"None of your business," Ophelia snapped at him with an attitude, "Now tell me what's going on?"

"Cami has gotten her hands on the last remaining white oak," Klaus informed Ophelia, whose eyes widened in alarm.