16

Ophelia woke up with a groan, covered in blood and bruises, to find that she and Jackson had been chained up in the back of an unknown auto shop, one that she didn't recognize at all. She looked around, letting out a sigh in defeat. It was never-ending trauma for her, to say the least.

"I don't ever get a break, do I?" Ophelia muttered under her breath, looking down to find that her wrists and ankles were shackled, locked in chains to the chair she sat on. Same went for Jackson, who was shackled to the wooden chair next to her.

Ophelia turned her head, only to find IV bags filled with clear fluid. Ophelia recognized the liquid to be Wolfsbane by the scent. That was why she felt so weak. Wolfsbane was being pumped into both herself and Jackson.

Almost immediately, Ophelia tried to break through her restraints to save them, but Jackson, who clearly woke up before her and whose face was beaten and bloodied as well, weakly tried to stop her, speaking up quietly. "I tried that," He informed her, only to watch as Ophelia attempted to escape another way, "I tried that. The more you struggle, the more wolfsbane gets pumped into your veins. You won't be able to perform magic either. The Wolfsbane will make sure of that. It breaks your concentration."

Ophelia stared down at the floor, her eyes widening in alarm as she was Jackson's pant leg was stained crimson red and that a huge puddle of blood surrounded his foot on the floor, "Oh, my God!" She exclaimed in shock, her eyes wide as she turned to her husband, "Jack, your leg."

"Yeah, they worked me over pretty good. With all the..." He trailed off weakly, letting out a shaky breath, "The wolfsbane in my system, I ain't healing so well."

Ophelia glanced around anxiously, clearly trying to think up a plan, "Just breathe, alright," She attempted to convince him, determination in her tone, "When we get a chance, be ready to fight. There's no way we're dying in this shit hole."

Jackson gave Ophelia a deeply saddened look as she continued to try to break free of her chains, despite the increasing amounts of wolfsbane being infused through her body every time she did so, "Ophelia," He called out, but ended up being ignored, "Ophelia, listen," He paused, watching as Ophelia slowly turned to look him directly in the eyes, which were welled with tears, "I don't know if I'm gonna get that chance--"

"Stop," Ophelia cut him off in a stern tone, a cold look on her face, "We are going get out of here, Jackson. I know it. As I said, there's no way I'm letting us die here. We've been through too much to allow ourselves to die like this."

  "I love you. Okay?" Jackson suddenly confessed, causing Ophelia to turn to him, tears filling her eyes once more as she became consumed with guilt, "I've...I've always loved you, Ophelia."

  "Don't--" Ophelia cut him off, shaking her head as she spoke in a pleading tone.

"The first time I ever saw you...That night at the party Hayley held for the Crescents...I broke. We've all heard the legends about you, but when I saw you that night, I completely broke. You broke me, and nothing has ever been the same since. I just want you to know that it was all real. Every moment, every touch, every word I've said to you."

Ophelia was absolutely devastated by how defeated Jackson sounded and she tried her best to hide how guilty she looked.

Just then, Tristan walked into the room, which caused Ophelia to become consumed with another emotion. Rage.

"How absolutely darling! Or pathetic," Tristan remarked, causing Ophelia to turn to him with a furious look on her face, "I suppose it's all the same though."

Ophelia glared at Tristan with hatred and continued to try and break out of her restraints as he walked toward them.

"You let us out of here, right now or so help me God, I will torture and kill you in ways not even your vindictive mind can't even imagine," She growled at him angrily, "Or perhaps I'll start with your sister."