19

Soon after, the trio made it to Rousseau's, which shocked Ophelia when she saw that it was set up exactly how it was when she was there earlier on that day. The group of three walked toward the bar, where Davina looked at him with concern and confusion, "Are you gonna tell me what's going on?"

Kol sighed, turning to Davina, "Bottom line: You don't belong here. Luckily, the Ancestors aren't big pub-goers. More of the graveyard and goat sacrifices types. We should be all right here 'til we can figure out how to get you back."

Kol looked at Davina longingly before lunging toward her and kissing her passionately, cupping her face in his hands while he did so.

Ophelia rolled her eyes, quickly turning away from the couple, "Umm, did you forget that I'm here or...?" She asked, only to be ignored.

Just then, Davina, who was still overwhelmed by everything, pulled away, which seemed to hurt Kol's feelings, "I see. You preferred the other look more."

"She better not," Ophelia commented quietly, "This one," She paused, gesturing to him, "Is much better looking, trust me."

Kol smirked at Ophelia before turning to Davina, who continued to look at him guiltily, "No, I'm..." She trailed off, letting out a sigh, "I'm sorry. It's not that. I know it's you. It's just...you're so different. I'm still adjusting. Not to mention, we're in a freaky ghost-land, so..."

Kol, who looked to be somewhat relieved by her response, smiled at her as he cupped her face with his hands again, "I have an idea. Close your eyes."

Davina closed her eyes and Kol turned to Ophelia, giving her a knowing look.

Ophelia smiled, almost reading his mind. She nodded her head before snapping her finger, which caused Billie Holiday's "More Than You Know" to play around them, the same song Ophelia remembered played when Davina and Kol danced just before he died.

Kol gently placed his arms around Davina and leaned in so her forehead was resting against his cheek as the two began to slowly sway back and forth, "Think back to the last night we were together. Our last dance."

As the duo began to dance with such love, Ophelia rolled her eyes and walked over to the bar. She leaned over the bar counter, grabbing a bottle of scotch. She uncapped it before placing the bottle to her lips, only to find nothing in it.

Ophelia frowned moving the bottle away from her lips. She could see liquid in it, but as she turned it upside down, which would usually cause it to spill all over the floor, nothing came out.

"Of course," Ophelia muttered under her breath in annoyance, "I'm stuck a third wheel and I can't even get drunk."

Suddenly, Davina noticed what looked like a light bruise on the side of Kol's face and became concerned, "Kol, what's happening to you here?" She asked him, quietly gasping, which caused Ophelia to turn to them.

"It's nothing. Really," He assured her but Ophelia couldn't help but feel as though he was lying.

Kols smiled slightly, brushing a lock of hair off of Davina's face before he sighed, "You shouldn't have come here, Davina. There's a darkness to this place."

Davina frowned in confusion, "Kol, I had to find you. I think I found a way to bring you back!"

Kol seemed stunned by the revelation, though he seemed concerned that it was too good to be true. Davina handed him the scroll she was given by Aya, and he unrolled it and began to read.

Kol turned to Ophelia after reading it, looking upset that Ophelia would allow Davina to get involved in such a mess.

Moments later, Kol was still examining the copy of the resurrection spell Davina had shown him. It was clear that he was not thrilled about what he was seeing, which relieved Ophelia, hoping he would lie and tell her it was a fake.