30

Meanwhile, Ophelia and Hayley had just finished helping the last of the werewolves when Klaus hung up his phone and returned to the main room in the laboratory to talk to the two women, "Freya's safe," He informed them, causing Ophelia to sigh in relief.

"What about the others?" Hayley questioned, sounding relieved that Freya was okay.

"Well, Finn's in a bad way. Some kind of werewolf bite," He responded and Ophelia frowned in concern, "Elijah thinks I should return home and heal him. Ease his pain."

Ophelia was stumbled for a moment before finally speaking up, "You should go. Really," She encouraged him, smiling softly, "As soon as these last few recover, Hayley and I will get them home, gather what we can, and burn this shit hole to the ground."

  Klaus chuckled as he walked toward her and Hayley, "No. Finn can purge it himself. He's earned the agony," He responded, beginning to grin, "Besides, you know how much I love burning things to the ground."

"Klaus, when you said that you wanted to work together for Hope's sake, I wanted to know what that looked like," Hayley spoke up, taking Ophelia's side in convincing Klaus to go, "And now, I do. I appreciate you helping me rescue the wolves, but if there is any chance of making Finn an ally, you should take it. Go."

Klaus hesitantly nodded, turning to Ophelia, "Be careful," He paused, looking between her and Hayley, "Both of you."

"Always are," Ophelia responded, which was clearly a lie and a half, "You know what I mean."

Klaus smiled slightly, just before he sped away. Ophelia sighed, turning to Hayley, "Let's burn this place to the ground, shall we?"

______

   Hayley was pouring gasoline all over the laboratory, including the dead vampire's corpse, while the middle-aged werewolf man and Ophelia watched her. When she was done, she walked over to Ophelia, who was giving him orders, "Go outside and tell the others to keep their eyes peeled for trouble. As soon as this place burns down, Hayley and I take you back to the Crescents." She ordered and the man immediately gave her a confused look.

The male werewolf frowned at Ophelia and Hayley in confusion, "I'm not from there. One was. He died last week," He informed her and saddened look grew on Ophelia's face, "We're from the seven packs: Deep Water, Malraux, BasRoq, Barry, Poldark...I'm a Paxon."

Ophelia's widened while Hayley seemed confused as to what he was talking about. Ophelia that there were seven werewolf bloodlines all together, "Wow," She scoffed slightly, looking to be utterly shocked, "They had to look long and hard to find one of you, didn't they?"

"They wanted our venom," He informed them, walking toward the two women while also pointing to the dead vampire, "They kept pumping it into her over and over and over again. Then they'd heal her with some drug. Except the last time. They shot her up with something so powerful..." he trailed off sadly, clearly finding the subject hard to talk about, "There was no saving her."

Ophelia and Hayley both looked horrified by the newly found information for a moment before returning to the task at hand, "Go," Hayley ordered in a low tone, "We're gonna burn this hellhole."

The male werewolf nodded sadly before leaving. Ophelia, looking furious, stopped Hayley from throwing her lighter onto the ground, "No, stop," She spoke up, causing Hayley to turn to her with a confused look, "Come with me."

Not wanting to question her, Hayley quickly followed Ophelia outside. It was dark out and Ophelia made sure to be about twenty feet away from the building before around to also be sure that no one would get hurt.