8

At the Strix Party, Ophelia allowed Tristan to lead her onto the dance floor, where they began to dance together.

"I'm glad you came, Ophelia. Like it or not, when one refers to the Mikaelsons, they're referring to you, as well," Tristan told Ophelia as they began to dance with each other, their faces mere inches apart as Tristan stared directly into her eyes, unlike Ophelia, who tried her best to avoid eye contact, "After all, you are the only one to last with the Mikaelsons as long as you have without getting killed. And, the lot of them would die for you in a heartbeat," He paused as he spun her, "Tonight will allow you to make up your own mind about our organization."

Ophelia raised a skeptical brow at Tristan, "And you think by killing my friend, you're gonna make the best impression?" She questioned with an attitude, clearly ruining Tristan's attempt in wooing her.

"I think tonight, you'll bear witness to the truth. At the very least, you cannot call us liars," Tristan told her, causing Ophelia to let out a small sigh, "There are few novelties left in the world, especially to us. A creature such as you is certainly among them. The rarest of them all, actually."

Ophelia finally turned to Tristan, raising a brow at him, "Yeah? And what kind of a creature might that be?" She questioned him in a sarcastic tone.

"A tribrid, of course. You are the only creature who has been able to be all three species at once. And the only person in the world besides your friend among us whose life doesn't depend on the survival of the Original family. You, Ophelia Rose, are one of a kind. And, a true beauty, at that."

  Ophelia turned to look Tristan directly in the eyes and noticed that same look in her arms as earlier. He fancied her. That was for sure.

Ophelia became uncomfortable at that moment and Tristan spun her around before pulling her close once more, Ophelia trying her best to avoid eye contact.

Suddenly, Klaus entered the room with Lucien and a large group of Halloween-costumed women, including a nurse, a cat, and a skeleton bride. Klaus howled drunkenly like a wolf as Lucien and the women all laughed happily, attracting the attention of everyone in the room to the point where everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at the gate-crashers.

  Klaus glanced around the room, a large grin on his face. Ophelia practically sighed in utter relief at the sight of Klaus, clearly glad he crashed the party just in time to ruin her dance with Tristan.

He smirked slightly at the way Ophelia took a step away from Tristan the second she laid eyes on him, just before he turned to address the rest of the crowd, "What a beloved occasion!" He spoke up loudly.

"My God, it's a room full of Elijahs." Lucien jokingly gasped, his arms thrown around the womens' shoulders and was drunkenly leaning against them.

"I had that exact same nightmare once!" Klaus responded, causing the entire group to laugh hysterical.

Not being able to stop herself, Ophelia had to quickly cover her mouth to stop herself from laughing.

  Lucien turned to one of the women, who was dressed in a fuchsia corset and matching bobbed wig, "Go and grab us a drink, love! Feel free to fetch one for yourself."

"One for me, please!" Klaus insisted, causing Ophelia to roll her eyes, "And one for her, and her, and her, and her..."

"Tristan? Tristan! Come out, come out, wherever you are! Unless, of course, you're afraid!" Klaus and Lucien called out for the male vampire at the same time.

Lucien smirked, his eyes locking on Tristan standing beside Ophelia, "Well, well," He spoke up in a mocking tone, "It seems Tristan's trying to steal the woman you love, Nik."