15

In Klaus' room, the immortal hybrid was breaking down over Ophelia's dead body. It had been hours and she still hadn't revived, which led him to believe she wasn't coming back and that the immortality she had been gifted by her coven three hundred years before while she was a werewolf-witch hybrid had been revoked the second she became part vampire.

As he tried his hardest to keep in control after her death, Klaus' mind began having flashes of a conversation he had with Ophelia centuries before.

NEW ORLEANS
1881

Klaus was laying on his bed, shirtless with Ophelia straddling his waist. He smiled up at her as she began to converse with him about matters regarding death.

"Well, this is quite an odd way to have a conversation, Ophelia," Klaus commented sarcastically as he referred to that fact that she was straddling him.

Ophelia ignored his commented and playfully rolled her eyes before continuing on with her conversation, "Just admit it, Klaus," She insisted, leaning her face closer to his as she placed her hands on his chest, "We've been at this for nearly an hour. Admit that you're far more affected by the world around you than you care to admit. It's the reason you are so intent on wanting to control it rather than to allow it to control you. And the inevitable...those unavoidable parts of life...they make you uneasy."

"And since when did you become such a psychology expert?" Klaus questioned Ophelia in amusement.

Ophelia smiled down at Klaus as she shrugged her shoulders, "I've been taking a few classes here and there," She informed him in a playful tone, "Marcel compelled the local college to allow me to attend their college classes on the subject," She paused, her eyes widening in realization.

Ophelia playfully slapped Klaus on the chest, "You ass!" She scolded Klaus, who began to laugh in amusement, "You're trying to distract me."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Klaus mockingly responded, even though she was right.

Ophelia groaned, growing frustrated that Klaus wouldn't answer the question, "Just admit it, Klaus." She insisted and Klaus remained silent, a grin on his face.

PRESENT DAY
NEW ORLEANS

In Klaus' bedroom, Klaus was anxiously pacing back and forth as he placed his hands together and murmured under his breath.

Ophelia's body was sprawled across the bed, and the comforter was soaked in blood that belonged to Cami, who was dead as well, laying on the floor. He cared about Cami. He did. She was practically the only person he could call a friend in the city. But Ophelia's death was what was wrecking him the most at the moment.

"No...No..." Klaus murmured under his breath, furiously smashing an end table and screamed at the top of his lungs, "No!" He screamed out in anger once more, not being able to control himself as he thought back to the past conversation with Ophelia once more.

FLASHBACK
NEW ORLEANS
1881

Klaus stared up at Ophelia in amusement, knowing that there was no way she was going to let him do anything but sit there in torment if he didn't answer her question. Of course, she wouldn't not physical hurt him, but the woman had other ways of torturing Klaus. Ones that made Klaus go mad.

He sighed, just before speaking up, "Some might say death is inevitable, Ophelia, and yet here I am, a thousand years old and you almost two hundred, both of us fine and happy as ever, making the most out of our tragic lives," Klaus paused, gesturing to the two of them, "Ophelia, my love, we are the perfect picture of health and vitality, we are masters of our fate, conquerors of death itself!"