17

It was morning time, Davina was at the market at Jackson Square, which was mostly run by witches. She walked up to one of the stalls and greeted the woman working at the counter, "Hi. Do you have any angelica flower?" She asked her curiously, clearly trying to get some of the herbs for one of her spells.

  The woman simply grounded herbs with a mortar and pestle and acted as if there was no one there, refusing to do so much as make eye contact with her.

  Davina sighed, looking both flustered and embarrassed, "Okay, I know I've been shunned, but you can at least look at me." She complained, a look of shame on her face as she spoke to the witch.

   The woman continued to ignore her until finally, Davina, near tears, walked away.

  Once she was a few meters away, Ophelia and Josh suddenly appeared and walked up to the counter together before cheerfully greeting the woman, "Hello!" Josh greeted the woman cheerfully, "I'm in the market for some angelica."

  Davina, who heard what he was doing, turned back, but she only became sadder when the woman ignored him as well, "Perhaps you've heard of it? No? Okay. Follow-up question--Do you happen to have any kind of comment box or complaint hotline? Because I've got a few thoughts about your customer service that-- trust me-- you do not want to end up on Yelp." Josh complained to the woman, clearly growing irritated.

   This comment caused the woman to at least acknowledge Josh' presence by sighing. She looked up, only to have her eyes widen at the sight of Ophelia. Ophelia growled, her hybrid eyes flashing as she grabbed the witch by the neck as she pulled her forward, almost on top of her table, "I don't like the way you treated my two friends here," She told the witch in a threatening tone, "Either you give Davina Claire her angelica flower or I'll rip you limb from limb without blinking."

At the end of her threatening sentence, Ophelia merely smiled, almost sadistically, which caused Josh to give her a concerned look.

  Davina, who was even more embarrassed now, quickly walked over to Ophelia and gently grabbed her by the arm, "Ophelia, Josh, let's just go, okay?" She asked the duo in a pleading the.

Ophelia sighed, finally letting go of her grip on the witch's neck before turning to Davina, "Fine. Let's go, Josh."

  As Ophelia began to pull Josh as well, the male vampire quickly reached over and grabbed something off of the counter top before holding them up in front of the woman's face, "Fine, but we're talking these."

Ophelia yanked him on his arm and pulled him away as Davina pulled her, causing Davina to sigh and shake her head.

______

  At the Mikaelson compound, Klaus had just returned home. He walked upstairs to his room to find almost a half dozen empty blood bags in his bed. He turned his head, only to see the dead body of a brunette woman sprawled out across the chair near the fireplace and two more on the ground, both of them with their limbs practically torn apart.

He sighed in annoyance, glancing at both the dead body and the blood bags. After a moment, he made his way into Elijah's study, where he was going through old-looking notes printed on parchment, "Where the bloody hell is she?" He asked Elijah in annoyance.

"I assume we are talking about Ophelia, not Camille..." He trailed off, causing Klaus to sigh in exasperation, and Elijah didn't even bother to look up at his brother, "Just refresh my memory, Niklaus. Did she or did she not just lose her husband?"

"She's gone," Klaus informed Elijah and finally Elijah turned to him.

"And?" Elijah questioned, "She's been locked up in this place for days. You should be glad she's finally getting some fresh air."