35

In the Saint Anne's Attic, Kol sat on a chair in front of Davina's old bed. He heard the footsteps of someone entering, causing him to turn his head to see Ophelia entering the room wearing funeral attire, just as he had.

She walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder for comfort until she finally sat down next to him. Kol began to silent cry, which Ophelia immediately noticed. Kol wrapped an arm around her as they both cried, the two of them being the most distraught out of all the people mourning Davina, "I forgive you," Ophelia finally spoke up, wiping the tears from her eyes, "It's wasn't your fault. And I didn't mean all of the things about you not forgiving yourself. I was just grieving."

"No," Kol argued, shaking his head, "No, you were right. I will never be able to forgive myself for what I did to Davina."

"You'll learn to cope with it, trust me," Ophelia reminded and Kol gave her a confused look, clearly wondering how it sounded as if she was talking from experience, "Davina's funeral is starting soon we should go."

Kol nodded his head in response and the duo quickly stood up before heading out the door and to Lafayette Cemetery.

____

Ophelia and Kol walked up to Davina's tomb, where Marcel, Josh, and Vincent were already standing. Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she already had the feeling it was Klaus, wondering why she wasn't at Cami's party. She sighed, quickly putting her phone on silent before Vincent began to say his words.

"Say not in grief that she is no more, but be thankful that she ever was and though she was taken far too soon, may her enduring light show us a way through this darkness. And though the pain may at times seem like more than we can bear, make no mistake, we will move on.  And even now, the words of Ecclesiasticus are ringing in my ears, they're saying vengeance as a lion shall lie in wait for them." Vincent spoke to the group, who stared at Davina's tomb sadly.

After staring at the tomb for a moment, Vincent gestured to Josh, who stepped forward.

"A while ago, forever ago, I told Davina a story about my first boyfriend but what I didn't tell her was that I had never shared that story with anyone else. She was like a sister and a best friend and I loved her. I wish th...uh..." He trailed off, not being able to finish his sentence.

Vincent turned and looked towards Kol expectantly, as though waiting for him to say something, "I'm sorry, I can't." Kol finally managed to get out, unable to form the woods to say goodbye to Davina.

Vincent then looked over at Ophelia, who had tears in her eyes as she stared at Davina's words, "There is not enough time in the world for what I want to say Davina," She informed the group, shaking her head, "I can't. I just can't—" She cut herself off, the tears beginning to spill down her cheeks.

Marcel sniffled, wiping the tears from his eyes before taking a piece of paper out of his jacket. He looked down at it for a moment, about to read it out loud. Just then, he let out a sigh, folding the paper back up before placing it in his jacket once more, "Words aren't any good, the Mikaelsons need to answer for this. I'm gonna make them answer," He said, walking over to place a hand on Davina's tombstone, "I promise."

A concerned look grew on Ophelia's face as she heard Marcel's words. She looked over at Kol, who didn't seem bothered by his words, "I'm going to stop at Cami's funeral quickly, to pay my respects before leaving," She informed Kol in a hushed tone, "I'll see you back at the compound."

Kol simply nodded before Ophelia walked off, passing by numerous stains of bloods on the tombs of witches, which were caused by her a few nights before when she turned into a wolf in the Cemetery and killed about a dozen witches.