6

Jinyoung's eyelids felt like weights as he pushed them open.

His vision was blurry, and his whole body felt way heavier than it should. He didn't move for a good ten minutes or so, just staring at the ceiling and waiting for everything to feel normal again. When he finally decided to try and sit up, he was hit with a headache like a brick over his head. He clutched his skull, squeezing his eyes shut in hopes of the pain dulling down.

He let out a long sigh when the ache in his head turned into a dull throb, deciding to slowly open his eyes again. He found himself still in Jaebum's apartment, still on his couch, still on Earth. So it wasn't all just a bad dream.

A faint smell of food hit his nose, triggering his stomach to growl on cue. He looked around for the scent, only to see right in front of him on the coffee table a large tray of food, some tea, and a note. His eyes settled on the note first which had 'Jaebum~' written on it in remarkably terrible handwriting.

He scooted forward on the couch, reaching forward for the note to open it up and read it.

"Hey Angel Guy,
Thanks for passing out on me and scaring me half to death, I thought I'd have to take you to a hospital and try to explain how you're not from earth. Can you imagine the crazy looks I'd get? Anyway, you seemed to be okay, just needed a little rest, so I put you on the couch and made you some breakfast and tea. Hopefully it's not too cold when you wake up, and if it is, feel free to warm it up. Please get some rest, I think you've over exhausted yourself trying to sleep in that alleyway, and eat a lot too, you must be starving. Even though you're a dick, I hope you're okay. I don't want a dead angel in my house. That would be very complicated to deal with.
See you when I come home. Or not, if you wanna leave. Then, nice meeting you I guess. Bye.
-Jaebum."

Jinyoung's eyes drifted from the note to the plate of food on the coffee table. He reached for a piece of toast, examining the slightly browned bread before biting into it. It was still a bit warm. He glanced at the note again, reading it one more time without even noticing the little smile that tugged at his lips.

————

Jaebum walked into his apartment, leaving his shoes and jacket by the door as usual. He liked getting comfortable after coming home from work, his favorite pastime being to lounge on his couch and find something interesting on TV.

Though just as he entered his living room, he noticed theTV and couch already being occupied by someone else. "You're still here..."

Jinyoung looked up, turning off the television to focus on Jaebum. "Why would I leave?"

"Because... I dunno, I thought you staying here was a one night thing." Jaebum mumbled, dropping his keys on the coffee table while shuffling over to the kitchen to get himself a drink.

"Well... it was, but..." Jinyoung trailed off, remembering the original arrangements. He really had no business being there anymore, but he didn't want to just up and leave without saying a word. His eyes settled on the piece of paper still on the table from the morning, reminding him of the breakfast Jaebum had set out for him along with it. "I read your note. That was really kind of you. To take care of me."

Jaebum walked out of the kitchen with a glass of water in his hand and a pleasantly surprised expression on his face. "Oh? Am I hearing gratefulness and compassion from a stuck up angel who apparently 'hates' me?"

"Shut up. I'm just expressing my thanks." Jinyoung grumbled out.

Jaebum chuckled, pausing by his desk to lean back on it. He gave Jinyoung a once over, quickly scanning him as a check up. In doing so, he happened to realize only just then that Jinyoung was wearing his clothes. It was weird how they fit so perfectly on him that Jaebum didn't even notice it until now. But then again, they are practically the same size and build, it's wasn't a surprise that Jinyoung was able to fit Jaebum's wardrobe. That also meant that Jinyoung had traveled into his room and invaded his closet, which he should probably be upset about, but  actually found it more funny than anything.

Jaebum decided not to bring it up and let it slide, since he was more concerned about Jinyoung well being than anything else. "Seriously though, you okay? You really scared me."

The other nodded, his eyes flickering back down to the folded piece of paper on the coffee table. "I'm okay. I think you were right, I was malnourished. So I ate the food you made me and everything, though maybe the toast was a bit burnt."

"Still an asshole even when thanking me huh?" Jaebum asked while sipping his water.

"I already gave my thanks." Jinyoung mumbled.

Jaebum shook his head. "That doesn't explain why you're still here." He responded before sipping more of his water.

Jinyoung blinked, realizing that he hadn't even explained why he hadn't left hours ago
He cleared his throat, straightening his posture to look confident despite his obvious awkwardness. "Well, angels are supposed to be giving and appreciative of kindhearted humans. So... I um... wanted to offer you my presence as a show of thanks..."

Jaebum choked, setting his water down on his desk. He raised a brow at Jinyoung, making sure he'd heard the other correctly. "Your presence? So you being here is my thank you gift for taking care of you?"

Jinyoung pressed his hand to his chest as if he were offended by Jaebum's reaction, immediately getting defensive of his offer. "Well, angels are skilled in many things! I can help you with anything you want. I'm willing to do anything for you, since you've already helped me greatly twice so far."

Jaebum's jaw fell open, a smile immediately emerging on his lips. Willing to do anything for him? That sounded fun. "Oh, now I'm liking how this sounds."

"Shut up. I have to do it, it's what angels do." Jinyoung retorted, throwing in an eye roll.

"Sure, But you're a fallen angel, which means you have the decision to not follow the rules. You're choosing to do this, aren't you?" Jaebum assumed, and judging by Jinyoung's flustered reaction, he assumed correctly.

Jinyoung stammered over his words, unable to look Jaebum in the eye. "Well-... I'm-... it'll help me get back into heaven..."

A smug smile tugged at Jaebum's lip. He quite enjoyed having the upper hand. "Sure, whatever you say."

Delicate fingers tugged at the hem of Jinyoung's shirt, an expectant look hung in his eyes. "So... need help with anything?"

Jaebum hummed, looking at the ceiling as he thought it over. "Um... not right now. I'm gonna save my favors for when I really need something."

Jinyoung was quiet for a moment, his teeth lightly tugging on his bottom lip. He watched Jaebum walk towards his room, his response still leaving a hanging question in the air. "But, that just means I have to stick around here longer."

Jaebum looked over his shoulder, shrugging at the other. "Well, I didn't say you couldn't."

Jinyoung caught the little hint Jaebum threw at him, and though he hated this human just as much as he hated the rest of them, a little smirk of amusement tugged at the corners of his lips as he watched Jaebum disappear into his room.

🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊

(*I was gonna give myself a birthday gift of 2 chapters to you guys but I got lazy and distracted sksksks sorry. Maybe I can push another chapter out in a few hours?? Idk yet lol*)