20

The two exited the movie theater nearby Jaebum's apartment into the sunlight. It was a moderately warm day, they only wore light clothing and jackets just in case the wind picked up. Jaebum's eyes had to adjust to the light after coming out of the dark theater. The movie was tolerable, but he'd paid very little attention to it. He was watching Jinyoung the majority of the time, continuously glancing over at him during random scenes. The angel had his eyes glued to the screen the entire time, while especially during the kissing scenes, Jaebum couldn't take his eyes off of him.

Now that they were outside, Jaebum's eyes found Jinyoung again, resting on those pair of perfect pink lips that taunted him. They've always taunted him. Sitting pretty and plump on Jinyoung's face, puffing out when he was upset and naturally pouting when he spoke. Jaebum ran his tongue over his own dried lips, briefly wondering just how soft Jinyoung's were. There was only one way to find out—

"Jaebum?"

Jaebum blinked, realizing that he had been staring at Jinyoung's lips the entire time. He felt his face heat up with embarrassment, immediately clearing his throat and looking away. "Ah, um, so did you like it?"

"The movie? It was good. I enjoyed it." Jinyoung responded.

"Nice. Romance films put me in sort of a weird mood."

"Like what?"

Jaebum shrugged, beginning to walk down the sidewalk. "I feel lonely. And I get angry at the characters that they're all in love and I'm not."

"They're just characters." Jinyoung pointed out as he followed.

"I know that, but watching romance movies takes the fun out of being single. That's why I hate them."

"Then don't be single."

"Easy for you to say huh?" Jaebum retorted. He's been single for a while now, and hasn't had feelings towards anyone recently in his life. Well, at least before Jinyoung came along. He'd never even asked Jinyoung about his relationship status. From the way he explained his life back in heaven, he sounded naturally lonely, but that didn't mean he didn't have a significant other that he just never talked about. "What about you? You're single, right?"

Jinyoung nodded, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Yeah, but I don't need a relationship to be happy."

"That's true, but I'm just saying. You feel how single you are around couples sometimes, don't you? You just get a craving to kiss someone in public or at least hold hands and feel loved." As if on cue the two passed a couple obviously in their honeymoon stage, walking down the street arm in arm, giggling and mumbling sweet nothings to one another. Jaebum looked over at Jinyoung who also spotted the couple, the two glancing at one another for just a moment before looking away.

"I guess that feeling is relatable..." the angel mumbled out.

Jaebum let out a sigh, his next words totally unplanned and out of the blue. "Might as well just date you."

Jinyoung tripped over his own feet, gripping a nearby stop sign pole to balance himself. "What?"

Jaebum stopped, realizing what had slipped out of his mouth. The thought wasn't supposed to be spoken, it was just a stupid thing he brewed up in his head. Now that the words had actually exited his brain and out into the open, he had to think quickly on how to back track what he said.

"Y'know, uh, just saying. Whenever I feel lonely I could pretend you're my boyfriend." Jaebum explained between nervous chuckles, noticing the shock that still hadn't left Jinyoung's face. "I'm joking, by the way."

Jinyoung blinked, standing upright and continue to walk along. "R-Right..."

Jaebum had almost really fucked that up, and he wanted to slap himself for doing so. He needed to learn how to control his feelings, he couldn't just blurt out such things randomly, who knows how Jinyoung would react? He refused to strain their relationship with any weird emotions, they were just friends, that's it.