16

Jaebum took one last glance around his apartment as he ran to answer the door, making sure enough snacks were set out and Jinyoung was ready for their incoming guests.

The two had spent the afternoon preparing for the little get together Jaebum had set up for the angel to hopefully form better relationships with the others and feel less alone on Earth.

Jaebum was answering a knock that came at his door while Jinyoung watched him open it from where he sat on the couch, revealing their first visitors.

"Hello! Jackson has arrived!" Jackson announced as he walked in.

"And Mark." Mark added, poking in behind him.

"Yugyeom should be here soon." Jaebum stated while closing the door behind the two who easily made themselves at home. "I invited Youngjae too."

Mark turned, raising a brow at the younger. "The security guard?"

"I love Youngjae!" Jackson squealed.

Jaebum chuckled, leading them to the living room where they'd set everything up. "Make yourselves comfortable. There's snacks on the table."

"I'm gonna play some music." Mark stated, immediately heading for Jaebum's speakers to plug in his phone.

Jackson went for the couch, his eyes locking on Jinyoung who quietly sat upon it. "Hey grumpy guy!"

Jinyoung frowned; he wasn't sure if he was intentionally being insulted or not."Don't you know my name?"

"I do, but I like grumpy guy better since it fits you." Jackson concluded.

Jinyoung scratched the back of his neck, his eyes darting over to Jaebum who leaned against the wall watching everyone. Jaebum made a silent gesture towards Jackson, his intent to encourage the angel to make conversation. Jinyoung was at times painfully awkward in such situations, while other times he could easily charm someone with just a few words. This was more important though, since Jaebum really wanted him to feel more comfortable living with him, and making friends was the first step to doing so.

Jinyoung cleared his throat, looking back at Jackson who was rummaging through the snacks on the table. He took in a breath before gently tapping the other's shoulder. "Hey um, I'm sorry that we first met pretty badly..."

Jackson looked over at him, brows raised in surprise before a smile grew on his lips. "Aw it's okay! I said we can start over. I'm Jackson!"

Jackson outstretched a hand towards him, the angel hesitantly taking it. He mustered a small smile as they shook hands. "I'm Jinyoung. Hopefully we can be friends."

Jackson grinned, pulling his hand away just so he could throw his arm over Jinyoung's shoulders. "Jaebum, you didn't tell me he could be adorable!"

Jaebum shrugged, a proud smile of approval on his own face as he watched the two finally get a little closer than they were before. "Yeah he's cute when he wants to be..."

"Like a chihuahua! Dangerous little devils sometimes and adorable angels other times." Jackson cooed as he ruffled Jinyoung's hair.

Jaebum chuckled at the familiar word 'angel'. He never paid much attention to how often the word was used in conversation until Jinyoung came along, now it seemed that everything in his life revolved around angels in some way or another. "He's been quite angelic lately, hopefully he continues to behave."

"Shut up Jaebum I'm not a kid." Jinyoung retorted through the grin on his own face.

Jaebum was about to respond when the front door was pounded on once again.