25

"Jaebum!"

It was Jinyoung's voice, frantically calling out to him. Jaebum's world went black, the last thing he remembered was headlights, the sound of a loud horn, and Jinyoung lunging forwards towards him. Then his back hit something hard, which is why pain was shooting up his spine.

Something heavy was on top of him. He'd forgotten how to work his eyelids, wondering why he couldn't see until he remembered that he should probably try opening his eyes. Everything was blurry and spinning, for a few minutes Jaebum wasn't sure where he was or what was happening.

But he felt this soft warm touch on his cheek. It had to be Jinyoung. Was Jinyoung okay? What even happened?

Jaebum blinked a few times, his eyesight finally clearing. He blinked some more, and as his vision cleared the ringing in his ears that he hadn't even noticed began to face.

"Jaebum?"

It was Jinyoung again. Jaebum's eyes searched for the angel, immediately being attracted to a slightly blurry outline of a person. A few more blinks, the blurriness faded away. It was Jinyoung, kneeling over him, his body being the heavy thing Jaebum felt on top of him. The angel had his cell phone, seemingly in the middle of dialing something as Jaebum came to.

"Jinyoung?" Jaebum called out, his eyes setting on the angel who looked incredibly relieved to hear his name leave Jaebum's lips. The last thing he saw was headlights, then he was suddenly on the pavement with Jinyoung kneeling over him.

Jinyoung leaned forward, cupping Jaebum's cheek."Hey, are you okay?"

Jaebum nodded, allowing the angel to inspect his eyes to check for anything unusual. "I... I think so..."

"Are you sure? Does your head hurt? Are you dizzy?" Jinyoung questioned like a doctor doing a patient check up.

"I'm okay. Nothing hurts but my back, and the dizziness is gone. Just a little dazed and confused, but don't worry I'm fine." Jaebum assured. He hated seeing Jinyoung so worried. He didn't think anything was hurt too badly or broken, so there wasn't much to worry about.

Jinyoung let out a heavy sigh of relief. He gently caressed Jaebum's cheek, handling him as if he were glass.

Until Jaebum suddenly felt a sharp sting on his cheek.

"Are you out of your fucking mind!" Jinyoung yelled, shaking Jaebum by his shirt, the sudden switch in moods catching him way off guard.

Jaebum rubbed his cheek, still not 100% Sure why he'd just gotten slapped. "Ow..."

"I knew I fell in love with someone stupid but god you're a real dumbass y'know!" Jinyoung complained, his voice loud and shrill.

Jaebum was utterly speechless. Why was Jinyoung angry? "S-Sorry?"

"Don't 'sorry' me like an idiot! Who the hell walks into the street not paying attention! Your parents never taught you to look both ways!?"

Right. Jaebum was walking backwards. The lights he saw must've been the front of a car. No, probably a truck considering how big they were. Jaebum sat up a bit more, looking around at his surroundings. Just across the street was where Jinyoung had been standing, he recognized the mailbox on the corner. Jaebum realized that he must've walked right into the street without much thought, not even registering any incoming traffic until it was too late.

Jinyoung saved him, that's how they ended up on the other side of the street. And that's why his back hurt, Jinyoung pushed him to safety. Everything was beginning to click.

He now understood why the angel was angry.

But he wasn't broken or hurt badly. It was just a close call. They should be relieved to be alive, not upset. "Jinyoung I'm fine, calm down-"