33

Jaebum wanted to sleep together like normal, but Jinyoung insisted that they had to stay apart in case someone from Heaven was watching their every move. He wasn't really into the whole paranoid thing, he just wanted to continue life like usual, but Jinyoung insisted that they had to wait for Youngjae to get back safely before he felt comfortable doing anything.

He decided to let Jinyoung have the bed after the long day they'd had, figuring he could spend a night or two on the couch as long as the angel was comfortable. He gave Jinyoung a long kiss goodnight before heading to bed, and got scolded for it since it almost turned into a full blown make out session, but he couldn't hold back. Despite Jinyoung's complaints, the pout he gave when Jaebum pulled away proved just how much they both missed each other's lips.

Sleeping on the couch was a bit uncomfy, no wonder Jinyoung was quick to claim a spot in his bed after those first few weeks of staying there. Jaebum was also cold most of the time, relying on a thick blanket to keep him somewhat warm until morning. He was at least able to catch some sleep for a few hours, that was, until his slumber was interrupted by an unusual gust of cool air.

He slightly opened his lids, for a moment not seeing anything strange. Then suddenly a white glow filled his apartment, momentarily blinding him until his eyes adjusted. He softly gasped as a figure came into view, along with a pair of wings on its back.

"Y-Youngjae?" Jaebum called out, the figure turning to look at him for a brief moment before looking away. "Youngjae, you're back...?"

Jaebum watched the figure quickly disappear off into his bedroom, which he immediately found strange. He quickly sat up, the fact that he didn't get a response from the figure worrying him greatly. Youngjae would've greeted him, and wouldn't have went straight for the bedroom like that.

Just as Jaebum was about to get up and follow him, he heard a startling scream.

"Hey! What are you doing! Let go of me!" Jinyoung's voice rang through the apartment, slapping Jaebum out of his sleep daze.

"Jinyoung!?" Jaebum called, bolting off the couch to the bedroom where the angel had been peacefully resting.

Jaebum's eyes widened as he saw Jinyoung's hands and feet shackled with golden cuffs, his body slung over the shoulder of the mystery entity that invaded his apartment.

Jinyoung was struggling to get out of his Hold, his frightened eyes locking on Jaebum, shackled hands reaching out for him. "Jaebum!"

Jaebum tried to help him, but before he could even make contact, Jinyoung and the strange person were gone.

"No!" Jaebum yelled, looking around the room frantically as if they'd reappear somewhere.

He couldn't believe it. Jinyoung was gone, again. Not because he sent him off, but because he was stolen right before his eyes. And what's worse was that he had no idea who took him, or where he went.

Jaebum didn't know what to do. He was on the verge of a breakdown, constantly calling Jinyoung's name as if it would suddenly summon him back.

He yelled until his throat was sore, then ended up crumpled on his bedroom floor, sobbing for his angel to come back.

He lost track of time, not even realizing when the sun came up. He hadn't had a lick of sleep, how could he when he couldn't protect the person who had been comfortably sleep just feet away from him in his bed? He felt worthless, pathetic. He didn't deserve to have someone like Jinyoung if he didn't even have the power to protect him from harm. Maybe the fact that the love of his life kept being taken away from him meant that he wasn't supposed to have him. Maybe he didn't deserve love.