11

Jaebum's eyes drifted open, a sweet smell gracing his nose as he took a deep breath in. Feathers tickled his chin, and he tried to push whatever was there away, only for his fingers to get lost in a messy tangle of thin strands. He blinked a few times, clearing the leftover sleep from his eyes before looking down.

He'd felt the warm thing snugly pressed against him, and felt the tightness around his waist, but had forgotten that it was Jinyoung hugging him close all throughout the night. His fingers were buried in Jinyoung's hair which for some reason he initially thought was a cat he used to have that often enjoyed sleeping on his chest.

Except it wasn't a cat, it was an angel.

Jaebum awkwardly tried to move his hand, earning himself a weird purr that came from Jinyoung. He wasn't sure what the noise was supposed to mean, but he was pretty certain that if he woke Jinyoung up with his hands in his hair, he would get pummeled for ruining the perfect locks.

His gaze fell down to Jinyoung's relaxed features, the peace of sleep turning that always judgmental expression to one of ethereal serenity. On further examination of Jinyoung's face, Jaebum could see the tiny trickle of drool that puddled from his lips onto his shirt. For an angel with such a big ego, Jinyoung wasn't exactly elegant all the time.

Though, he was still good looking, which was a random thought that passed through Jaebum's mind along with being hungry and having to pee. Jaebum wasn't really one who ignored feelings of physical attraction. Sure he may deny them or not exactly tell the truth about them, but he wasn't afraid to say that Jinyoung was beautiful.

It didn't mean more than that though. There were tons of beautiful people out there. All with long voluminous lashes and thick soft lips, perfectly curved bodies and a physique that'd make anyone jealous, just like Jinyoung. Jaebum was physically attracted, in a way where he could stare at the angel all day and not get enough, but there wasn't any emotion there. Only looks.

Only a few times had he ever felt something towards Jinyoung, like the time he was defended at the cafe, or those embarrassed pouts Jinyoung sometimes wore that would make Jaebum want to squeeze his cheeks. But those feelings weren't strong enough for him to act on, nor would he ever act on them. Jinyoung was just there temporarily anyway, and they still practically hated one another. There was just no point in liking him at all.

Jaebum's eyes drifted to the ceiling when he realized he'd been staring at Jinyoung for way too long, only for his attention to be drawn back when Jinyoung shifted around. His eyes opened for a split second, his head moving around for a better position on Jaebum's shoulder before a seemingly annoyed groan left him as if he were angry to be waking up and desired just five more minutes of rest.

Jaebum was more concerned on how well he slept, considering that those loud noises of thunder seemed to have kept him up half the night. He allowed Jinyoung to take his time waking up, and he honestly wouldn't have minded if the angel wanted to sleep for just a bit longer.

"Hey. You okay?" He asked after giving Jinyoung a few moments to pull himself further out of his sleepy state.

Jinyoung hummed, moving his head from where it rested on Jaebum's shoulder closer to his neck, taking in a deep breath. Jaebum was scared to even move, sensing how close Jinyoung was and not exactly knowing how to respond. Though just moments after, Jinyoung seemed to fully wake from his sleepy daze, realizing how close he'd gotten and quickly pulling back to roll out of Jaebum's hold, that invisible barrier he'd set between them appearing once again.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine now." Jinyoung assured, his voice deep and gravelly. He turned away from Jaebum to hide the rapid flush of his cheeks that were clearly visible despite his efforts.