28

"So, where am I going?" Jinyoung asked as he sat an empty backpack on the small table in their shared bedroom next to the closet.

"Well, since heaven sounds like a place full of nature. I was thinking you could maybe go to the countryside." Jaebum offered, trying his hardest to sound optimistic as he gathered some toiletries for Jinyoung to take from his drawer. " People rent out rooms in houses up there." 

Jinyoung sighed as he shoved his clothes from the closet into the backpack, not sounding happy in the slightest. "How would I pay rent?"

"I'll send you money every month until you get some sort of job or something." Jaebum answered. He had taken a few days to research all of this stuff, setting up a plan that should work out for a little while. He planned to save up part of his paycheck in a separate savings account and send a fixed amount to Jinyoung each month, which hopefully would keep him afloat for awhile until he was settled in.

"I've gotten used to living in the city. I wouldn't know what to do in the country." Jinyoung mumbled. He carelessly slung the backpack on the floor with a heavy sigh.

Jaebum turned, glancing down at the sloppily packed bag. "Just... do what you normally do. It'll be fine."

"You won't be there." Jinyoung retorted.

"We can write letters to one another. I'll buy you your own phone too, we can talk everyday if you want." Jaebum was trying his hardest to make the situation sound appealing, even though he himself didn't like the plan either.

"Rarely any service in the country, and mail is slow over long distances. I may not be the most updated with modern technologies, but I know it's not the 1800's anymore." Jinyoung's tone held little to no emotion, vividly expressing how unenthusiastic he was about it all.

"Look well figure it out, I know we will. You know we have no other choice." Jaebum stated.

Jinyoung rolled his eyes at the statement. "I could stay with you. That's a choice."

"Well I'd be glad to let you stay here Jinyoung, if you really want me dead." Jaebum replied, the sentence coming out a bit harsher than he'd intended it to.

Jinyoung's jaw fell open before he quickly closed it, turning his back to Jaebum with arms folded over his chest. "Why would you say that..."

Jaebum silently cursed himself for going too far. He didn't want Jinyoung to argue with him, he didn't really want to talk about it at all. The faster Jinyoung disappeared, the easier it would be to say goodbye. But the angel's constant protests were already making it hard, and Jaebum had just made it worse with his short temper.

"Jinyoung." Jaebum called, clicking his tongue when he didn't receive an answer. "Baby, don't ignore me."

"What?" Jinyoung answered with as much attitude he could muster.

It was cute that Jinyoung only responded when called his pet name, but moments like those made Jaebum wish he didn't have to say what he was about to say.

"I'm sorry. I know we're both on edge and you really don't like this; man, I don't like it either." Jaebum let out a soft sigh, his heart hurting when he locked eyes with Jinyoung who finally decided to look at him. "But... it's to keep us both safe. You know I wouldn't want you anywhere else but right next to me, but I don't think we have that option. Unless you have any ideas...?"

Jinyoung stayed quiet, his eyes dropping to the floor. He obviously couldn't think of any other way either.

Jaebum gave an apologetic nod. "Then, we have to stick with this plan for now."