30

"Where was he headed?"

Jaebum barely registered the question as he drove through traffic to get to the station, his eyes laser focused on the road before him and mind filled with thoughts of only Jinyoung. "Uh, to the country. To start a new life."

"You two broke up or something?" Youngjae asked in confusion, considering the last time he'd seen them together they were practically inseparable.

"It's... complicated. I don't think you'd understand... or even believe me if I told you." Jaebum mumbled. He didn't plan on explaining any of this angel stuff to Youngjae, especially since he himself barely understood it. He just wanted Youngjae there in case something bad had happened to Jinyoung so he wouldn't have to face it alone.

Despite Youngjae's presence, Jaebum was still worried sick. Before leaving the apartment he tried calling Jinyoung twice and was sent to voicemail both times. That just gave him more incentive to drive over to wherever he was and check up on him. His hands were sweating on the leather steering wheel, he could barely sit still in his seat.

Youngjae didn't ask anymore questions; it was obvious that Jaebum was too tense to really focus on anything else. "Alright then."

The car ride was quiet for the most part, the small space consisting of Jaebum's jittery movement and the soft music coming from the radio. Jaebum's mind constantly wandered, his thoughts automatically wanting to think the worst, but he knew he couldn't function properly if he allowed himself to be consumed by the negative assumptions. He just silently prayed to whatever the hell godly being existed that Jinyoung was still at the station looking just as he did when they parted ways.

He sighed as they reached a red light just down the street from their destination, his fingers impatiently tapping rapidly on the wheel. "I don't know if his bus came or not, we have to check the shuttle station first."

"Have you tried calling him again?" Youngjae asked.

"Twice. Went to voicemail."

"Try again before we get out."

The light felt like it took forever to turn green, and Jaebum brushed over the speed limit as he headed straight for the bus station where dozens of busses arrived from and departed to different destinations. He pulled in the parking lot just next to the station, quickly tugging his phone out of his hands to check its notifications.

No missed calls or unread messages.

His shaky fingers tapped away to find Jinyoung's contact and call him; he nearly held his breath as he pressed the phone to his ear. Youngjae watched, the both of them awaiting to hear Jinyoung's voice on the other end of the line.

Jaebum let out a heavy breath when he was eventually met with the automated voice messaging system, telling him to leave a voicemail or try calling later. He ran a nervous hand through his hair, his chest tightening as an incredibly bad feeling set in.

"Fuck." He let out in frustration, hearing the voicemail tone play afterwards. "Jinyoung, baby, please call me and let me know you're okay? I'm worried and I'm probably just overthinking but... just call as soon as you can."

Jaebum ended the call, looking over at Youngjae who couldn't really give much of a reaction. "Um... I'm sure he can't be too far..."

"I have to make sure he's okay." Jaebum stated as he opened his car door, hopping out of the parked vehicle with Youngjae following close behind.

The two walked through the station filled with people all headed towards their respective busses. It was difficult to spot Jinyoung out in the crowd, it was a busy day.