Chapter 5

Just posted a new book! I've been working on it for years, and I think it's one of my favourites that I've written. It's called The Story of my Life. Please check it out!
Thanks! Xo

Riley's POV

"There's not something I should know about, is there?" Miss Kate asked us. My heart was beating so fast I thought it would burst out of my chest. If she knows, she'll tell Eldon and Emily, and if they know, I'll be in so much trouble. Eldon will lose it if he finds out I'm dating James.
"No Miss Kate." James answered, trying to keep a calm composure.
"So you two haven't been messing around? You can honestly tell me you haven't fooled around in the costume closet?" She questioned, watching us and waiting for a reaction. I swallowed, knowing we were in for it. Eldon's never letting me out of his sight ever again.
"Miss Kate, we can explain." James said, causing Miss Kate to sigh.
"You are 17 and 19. You don't do anything to support yourselves at all. What would happen if Riley got pregnant?" She asked us unhappily. We glanced at each other. We hadn't really thought about that. We always used protection so it wasn't something we were concerned about.
"It's not going to happen." James responded.
"You don't know that." Miss Kate stated. "How long has this been going on?" I bit my lip, not sure of how to answer. James stayed silent as well. "Oh god." She exclaimed, knowing it had been a while. "Are you two thinking about anyone other than yourselves? What about Eldon? What about the team? If Riley does get pregnant it'll put the team in jeopardy, we may not have enough people for Nationals. Do you really think you should be doing this?" She asked. I hung my head, feeling her disappointment in us. "I'll give the duet to someone else, if that's what you want. You're free to go." Miss Kate told us, before she walked into her office, leaving us in silence. I didn't know what to think. If Miss Kate knows, we definitely shouldn't be together anymore, it won't be long until more people find out. But I really don't want to lose James.

James's POV

I love Riley too much. I don't know if I could ever give her up. I looked down at her, realizing we may be running out of time. More people could find out about us soon. She looked up at me, looking pretty shaken up from what Kate had said. "What do you want to do?" I asked her, leaning my forehead against hers.
"We said we'd go to the costume closet after rehearsal, we're still going to go. If we won't be able to be together soon I want to savour the last little bit." She told me. She stood on her tiptoes to place a quick kiss on my lips, before walking to gather her things and take them with her. I stared at her for a minute, before slowly doing the same. I followed her to the costume closet in silence. Once we were in, and the door was closed, was when I noticed her quiet sobbing. I dropped my bag, grabbing her shoulder and turning her to face me. Tears were slipping down her face, leaving it all red and blotchy.
"Hey, it's going to be okay." I said, pulling her against my chest and wrapping my arms around her.
"I can't believe Miss Kate knows we've been sleeping together." She mumbled. "I love you too much to move on."
"We can just get better at sneaking around, be less obvious. No one else will find out." She nodded her head. I lifted her face from my chest, wiping her tears with my thumbs. I leaned down, capturing her lips in mine. I moved my hands down to her butt, pulling her right up against me. Our tongues intertwined as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I broke our lips, dragging her shirt off and dropping it to the ground. Then I attached my mouth back to the hickey I left yesterday, sucking on it to make it even more red. Riley moaned, throwing her head back and allowing me to pepper her neck with kisses. She's easily one of the hottest girls I've ever set eyes on, and the fact that I can set her off like a bottle rocket with the smallest touch made me want her even more. The fact that I'm the only one who gets to, and who has ever gotten to, touch her and do these things to her. That she loves me more than anything else in the world and I love her more than life itself. I'm not ready to let that go yet.