Chapter 8

Riley's POV

"I still can't believe you snapped at Miss Kate yesterday." James called from his bathroom.
"Well I was sick of the double standard. I had to tell her about us or we'd never hear the end of it." I replied, scrolling through Instagram. James chuckled, causing me to frown. "What's so funny?" I asked, shifting around on his bed. The t-shirt of his that I was wearing rose up my legs, revealing more of my tanned thighs.
"You're just cute, that's all." He responded, walking out of the bathroom in the boxers he wore to bed last night.
"I'm cute?" I questioned, eyebrows raised. I sat up, causing the t-shirt to move so far up my legs that a small portion of the lace on my panties was showing. Of course James noticed this shift, his gaze staring at my legs and the tiny bit of lace. "I'm just cute?" I inquired again, laughing slightly at him.
"No. You're fucking sexy." He answered, walking over to me and placing his hands on my butt. I smiled at him before he connected our lips. Our lip lock grew heated relatively fast, James slipping his tongue into my mouth almost instantly. I moaned against his mouth as his one hand left my butt, trailing along the underside of my thigh. Just as our kiss started to lead to more, we were interrupted by the doorbell. We broke our kiss, myself sighing and James exhaling furiously. "Whoever that is, I'm going to kill them." He stated, causing me to laugh. He left, walking downstairs to get the door as I grabbed my phone, opening up Instagram again. Only a few minutes later, James came back upstairs, closing his door, a panicked look on his face.
"What's up babe?" I asked, putting my phone down.
"It's West. I'm supposed to be having the guys over to hang out and I completely forgot." James told me, walking to his dresser to grab some pants.
"Guys? Like, all of them?! Like Eldon?!" I exclaimed. Shit this isn't good.
"Uh huh. I told West I'd need a minute to get dressed, he said Hunter's outside and Eldon should be here in literally 2 minutes and when he got here they'd come upstairs." James said.
"Shit! What the hell am I gonna do?!" I panicked, jumping off of his bed.
"I've got a plan." James answered, pulling a pair of pants on. He then opened his window, removing the screen.
"If you think I'm jumping that then you've got another thing coming." I stated, crossing my arms.
"No no. There's a trellis half a foot to the left. Use it like a ladder, it should hold you, you're only like 100 pounds." He responded.
"Should?!" I exclaimed.
"It's either this or walk out downstairs right by Eldon. Make your choice." James replied firmly. I sighed, not believing what I got myself into.
"Throw my clothes down." I said, walking over to the window. I got one leg out, anchoring my foot on the trellis. Then I grabbed onto it and carefully pulled my body out, putting my other foot on the trellis as well.
"Wait, Riley!" James called, stopping me before I started to make my way down. "Still free later?" He inquired.
"Yeah, I'm going to the studio to teach J troupe but I'll be done around 5. I can hang out then. Eldon and Emily aren't going to be home." I replied.
"Alright, dinner?" James asked.
"Sushi?" I replied.
"Yeah, just make sure you shower first." He answered. I made a face, furrowing my brows.
"No promises." I said. We shared a quick kiss, James told me that he loves me, and then I slowly descended, watching carefully as to where I put my feet. James was leaning out his window, watching vigilantly to make sure I got down safe. When my feet touched the ground, James dropped all my clothes he'd picked up from the floor, and skillfully tossed my phone into my hands. I quickly gathered my clothes, turning to leave. "See you later." I called to him, blowing a kiss before I walked around to the side of the house to at least pull my pants on.

James's POV

Just as I closed my window, the guys opened the door to my room, blabbering about lord knows what. "Jeez dude, how long does it take you to get dressed?" West asked, due to the fact I was still missing a shirt.
"I think I see the reason." Hunter chuckled, walking over and lifting Riley's bra from where it was partially hidden under my dresser. How did I miss that?! It was clearly the only bra on my floor. The guys started laughing, teasing about how I had to help some girl out of my room so they wouldn't see her doing the walk of shame. I tried to laugh along with them, but I knew if they'd known it was Riley, that they would all have very different reactions right now.