Chapter 6

Riley's POV

My eyes shot open. I sat up, looking around for the source of the noise that woke me up. I saw Emily's phone sitting on the coffee table beside the couch, and sighed angrily. Of course it would be something of Emily's that would wake me up. I laid down again and turned, hoping to get back to sleep. However, her phone buzzed again, before it started to buzz continuously. I sat up, picking up her phone to see a bunch of messages come in from Hunter. After at least 15 messages, they stopped again. I found myself wondering what was so important that Hunter would message my sister this many times. I scrolled through the messages, reading them.
I miss you babe
Do you miss me?
Are Eldon and Riley home?
I want you
Can I come over?
If they're home we can be quiet baby
Yesterday wasn't enough for me
I can't help that you're so fucking sexy
Babe?
C'mon, I know you're reading these
I want to pin you down and shove my-
"Oh my god!" I shrieked dropping Emily's phone as my hands shot up to cover my mouth in shock. Loud footsteps came pounding down the stairs, before I saw Eldon run into the living room.
"Is everything alright?!" He asked, panicked by my scream. I nodded, swallowing the lump in my throat. I heard more footsteps, before Emily entered the room now. I stared at her with wide eyes, absolutely shocked. She's having sex with Hunter?!?!
"What's going on?" She questioned, looking at me concernedly.
"I-it's nothing. I'm fine." I answered.
"Okay..." She said, confused about why I'd screamed then. I picked up her phone, holding it out.
"Here's your phone. Hunter's......" I trailed off, unsure of how to phrase it. "Looking for you." I finished. She walked over to take her phone, turning it on to see what Hunter had sent. She read a few messages, before her eyes widened and she looked over at me, clearly embarrassed that her younger sister read these texts from her boyfriend.
"Is everything good down here?" Eldon asked, confused as to why Emily looked so embarrassed now. "Let me see those messages." He said when he was met with silence.
"No, Eldon. Everything's-" Emily started. He walked over, looking at Emily's phone before she had the chance to turn it off. His eyes widened as he read the messages one of his best friends had sent his sister. He looked over at Emily, appearing both shocked and furious. She bit her lip nervously, looking scared of Eldon's reaction.
"You're sleeping together?!" He asked, infuriated.
"Maybe." Emily replied, looking at the ground so as to avoid making eye contact with either Eldon or myself.
"You're fucking kidding me right?! He told me a few days ago that nothing had happened between the two of you!" Eldon exclaimed. Emily's eyes widened as my heart started racing. What?!
"You're talking to my boyfriend about our sex life?!" She shrieked, looking as furious as Eldon was now. If he's talking to Hunter about Emily and him, he could be talking to James. James isn't stupid enough to tell Eldon about us? Right?! Calm down Riley, you're being ridiculous. He knows not to.
"West brought it up. I just told him the only correct answer to the question was no. Apparently though he had the audacity to lie!" Eldon responded.
"Is this what you do when all you guys get together?! Play video games and see who's gotten the most recently?!" Emily questioned, looking appalled.
"Is that what you were talking about when I heard my name?" I asked, absolutely shocked. I'd heard them talking about something regarding Emily and I, but I hadn't thought it would be our sex lives.
"Maybe. But that's not what's important right now! What is, is the fact that Hunter lied to me!" Eldon exclaimed.
"Give it up Eldon! You don't have Riley on your side anymore!" Emily snapped, turning to head upstairs.
"Next time I see him I'm giving him a piece of my mind!" Eldon yelled after her.
"Whatever." Emily called back, before I heard her bedroom door slam closed.