Chapter 12

Midnight update!!!
I took a 3 hour nap today 😂 who wants to guess when I'll fall asleep? Lol
Enjoy xo

Riley's POV

I swung open the door to the bar, nearly tumbling out onto the sidewalk. "Careful!" Michelle giggled, following me out.
"Do you think we need a taxi?" I asked, jumping down the sidewalk, trying to land on a different square each time.
"For you? Definitely. You're wasted." Michelle laughed.
"Am not." I argued, sticking my tongue out at her.
"Yes, you are. Jesus you're a handful when you're drunk." She replied.
"If I'm drunk then so are you." I told her, placing my hands on my hips.
"I don't know how I could be considering you drank every drink I ordered except for my water." She responded.
"Well...... You still are!" I said. She rolled her eyes, shaking her head.
"I better take you to my place, if Eldon sees you like this he'll kill me." She stated.
"Do we have to go home?" I asked, spinning in circles.
"Yes. You need to try to sleep this off before rehearsal tomorrow." Michelle answered. I stopped spinning, giving her my best sad face. "I'm going to pull up the car. Don't move." She instructed.
"Okey dokey." I replied, smiling at her. She let out another chuckle, mumbling something to herself as she left towards the parking lot. I turned, walking along the curb of the sidewalk like I was walking on a tightrope, arms out as I tried to keep myself from falling. My balance shifted, and I found myself tumbling over. Then I felt a hand grab me and pull me back onto the sidewalk, before I heard a car zoom past down the street.
"Jesus Christ do you have a death wish?" An unfamiliar voice asked. I looked, meeting the eyes of a stranger. A very handsome stranger.
"Woah." I said, before quickly covering my mouth. He chuckled, staring down at me.
"Please tell me you're here with a friend." He pleaded. I nodded.
"She went to get the car. She went that way." I tried to turn and point to where Michelle went, but I couldn't. I realized he was still holding my arms. He must've realized too, for he glanced down before quickly letting me go.
"Maybe I should wait with you, keep you from getting run over." He suggested. I nodded my head. I'll spend more time with him. "I'm Nathan by the way." He told me.
"I'm Riley." I smiled at him.
"Riley!" I heard. I turned my head, spotting Michelle in her car.
"There's my friend." I exclaimed, waving at Michelle, causing her to laugh.
"Before you go, can I have your name?" Nathan asked.
"It's Riley!" I responded happily.
"Oh that's right, I already know your name. I meant your number." He smiled, winking at me. I giggled. He's hitting on me. Me! Who needs James? I have Nathan. James who?
"Sure. It's 416-436-7973." I told him. Michelle honked her horn, grasping my attention again. "I have to go. I'll see you later!" I called, heading over to Michelle's car.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I slowly opened my eyes, groaning and shutting them again as the light blinded me. "I see you're finally awake." Michelle's voice said. I covered my ears with the pillow.
"Why are you talking so loud?" I choked out, still unable to open my eyes. Michelle giggled at me slightly.
"Here. This will help." She told me. I opened one eye ever so slightly to see a glass of water and 2 Advil. I sat up, groaning in pain from the quick motion and my pounding headache, accepting the pills and water. All the sudden my phone rang, causing the throbbing in my head to become worse. I grabbed it, looking at the screen. I didn't recognize the number. Regardless, I answered it.
"Hello?" I asked. I sounded worse for wear to be honest, my voice was scratchy, probably from the burning alcohol last night.
"Hi. You gave me your number last night and I was just giving you a call to see if you maybe wanted a cup of coffee to help fight that hangover." A voice said. I sat blankly for a moment, trying to recall the events of last night. I vaguely remembered a handsome stranger holding onto me.
"Uh yeah. Nate?" I asked, biting my lip as I prayed I was right.
"No, but close. Nathan." He replied.
"Oh. I'm sorry." I sighed, rubbing my eyes.
"No it's fine. You were pretty hammered, I'm surprised you were so close." He answered. "Anyway, about that cup of coffee..." He trailed off. I glanced at the time. 11:36. Dance starts at noon. Well, let's be honest. I wasn't making it there anyway.
"Sure. How does 1:00 sound?" I inquired.
"Sounds perfect. I'll text you the place." He responded, before hanging up. Michelle leaned over to give me a quick hug.
"Have fun. I'll cover for you at dance." She said, grabbing her bag and leaving her bedroom.