Chapter 21

Riley's POV

"You know I gave you everything." I stated. James didn't answer. "You were my first date, my first boyfriend, my first love. I even gave you my fucking virginity!" I exclaimed, standing up and pacing because I was unable to be near him.
"I bet you wish you could take it back." He said.

I was waiting anxiously for Nathan. He was supposed to meet me in studio A before we went to his house for thanksgiving dinner. What he didn't know was that I wouldn't be going with him. "Riley you look gorgeous." I heard, snapping my attention to Nathan standing in the doorway.
"Thank you." I muttered, looking at the ground. I'd put some thought into how I looked today, not for Nathan though. I had to look decent if I wanted any chance of getting James back.
"You seem distracted. Everything alright?" Nathan asked, walking over to me. I swallowed the lump in my throat but didn't answer him. This seemed to concern him more. He tucked my hair behind my ear, watching me carefully. "What's wrong?" He questioned. I sighed, knowing I had to tell him.
"We have to break up. I-I'm pregnant." I hadn't heard myself say those words out loud yet. Hearing my voice say those 2 words made it suddenly all too real.
"What?!" Nathan snapped, stepping away from me as if my pregnancy was a contagious disease.
"I'm sorry." I whispered, hanging my head. It was silent for a few seconds. I was beginning to get worried by the fact that Nathan hadn't responded. But then he did.
"You slut!" He exclaimed as I felt him push me into the mirror behind me. I heard the glass shatter before my head hit the floor and everything went dark.

"What? What is it?" I asked, struggling to hold onto hope. I had tears in my eyes as I watched the doctor lick his lips.
"I'm afraid you lost the baby." He announced. I let out a shaky exhale, releasing Eldon's hand.

I sniffled, tears rolling down my face. I haven't been able to get those moments out of my head. They've been playing over and over again, like they're on a loop. I wish I could get those moments out of my head. I wish I could erase them from my memory. Nothing I do will ever be able to fix any of these memories. I'll never get my baby back. I'll never get to know what could've happened. Would James have come back? Would I have raised the child alone? Would people have been angry? Disappointed? Possibly happy? I'll never know. Asking the questions now is useless. Now that the baby's gone obviously everyone will say they're sad for me, they would've been excited for a baby. Now that the commitment is gone James would say he'd be there for me. No one wants to upset me further, so they're hiding me from the truth. Is this better than knowing the truth? No. I'd rather hear what people actually think. No matter how much I tell them that though, they'll never tell me the real truth. Not after what I've been through. "Riley." Emily said quietly from behind me. I didn't move. "Dinners ready. Are you going to come down to eat?" She asked. I wasn't hungry. I haven't been for days. The silence lingered before I heard Emily sigh. I heard the door swing closed, before her footsteps retreated.

Emily's POV

I sat down at the table, picking up my fork and starting to eat. "Where's Riley?" Eldon inquired, watching me.
"She's not coming." I replied, leaning my head on my hand. Eldon exhaled, looking annoyed.
"This is ridiculous! She hadn't eaten since we left the hospital 4 days ago! I'm going to get her!" He snapped, pushing his chair back as he stood.
"Sit down!" I told him, dropping my fork.
"It's been 4 days Emily! She needs to eat!" Eldon exclaimed.
"I know she needs to eat!" I replied angrily.
"Then feed her some fucking food!" Eldon yelled. I exhaled furiously, shaking my head at him.
"I'll bring some food to her room when I'm done eating. Now sit your ass down and eat dinner." I stated, turning my gaze away from my brother and picking up my fork again, taking another bite of food. Eldon looked outraged, but sat back in his chair, starting to eat as well.