Chapter 10

Firstly, I meant to update 4 hours ago, but every time I came on here I got distracted 😂 anyways, here the update is, finally.
This is one of the chapters I'm a little worried about posting because people aren't going to be happy 😁
Oh well, never stopped me before

Riley's POV

James had left without saying a word to me last night. Sometimes he leaves before I wake up, but he always leaves a note or sends a text. But there was nothing. I texted him to ask where he'd went, but all I'd gotten back was a notification to say my number had been blocked on his phone. I left for dance early, knowing he would be practicing in studio A before rehearsal actually started. I needed to know what was up. When I walked in, I was met with the sight of him sitting on a bench, nervously playing with his water bottle. He heard my footsteps and looked up, meeting my eyes. He said nothing as he stared at me blankly. "What's going on?" I asked him, confused by his behaviour. He shrugged, not even bothering to give me an answer with words. I furrowed my brows. This is not the James I was with yesterday. He's like a completely new person. "What's wrong with you?" I questioned, sitting on the bench beside him. He continued to sit in silence, which worried me more. "James?" I asked softly, praying for an answer.
"I think we should see other people." He stated, staring straight ahead as he said it.
"What?" I gasped, feeling tears well up in my eyes.
"Actually, screw that. I don't want to talk to you anymore. At all." He told me. I stared at him, shaking as tears fell down my face.
"You can't be serious." The thing that hurt most was he wouldn't even look at me. "Does 2 years mean nothing to you?" I asked him.
"I can't get them back." He replied. I let out a shaky laugh, unable to believe what I was hearing. I sniffled, wiping my cheeks.
"You know I gave you everything." I stated. He didn't answer. "You were my first date, my first boyfriend, my first love. I even gave you my fucking virginity!" I exclaimed, standing up and pacing because I was unable to be near him.
"I bet you wish you could take it back." He said. My eyes widened in shock. I couldn't believe he'd said that to me.
"No! No I don't actually. You know why? Because I love you!" I screamed, infuriated that he'd said that. James stood up, starting to walk away. "James stop." I told him, unable to watch him leave. "Please James." I pleaded when he ignored my first attempt. He sighed, stopping and turning to face me. "What's wrong with me?" I asked him. He didn't answer my question. He didn't say a thing. I whimpered, tears spilling down my cheeks again. "What can I do to fix this? I'll do anything." My voice was quiet, I couldn't muster enough courage to speak at a normal volume, let alone enough to yell all the things I wanted to yell at him.
"There's nothing-" Jame started, but I cut him off.
"We can tell people about us, it won't have to be a secret anymore. I'll quit A troupe. I'll quit dance entirely." I suggested, hoping one of my suggestions would make him change his mind. But he seemed unfazed. "I know! I'll let you........ Do that thing that you want." I told him, dancing around what the 'thing' was. I couldn't bare hearing myself say it. Let's just say, it was something sexual that I've vetoed many, many times. But if it'll make James stay, I'll do it. James eyes flashed with intrigue, but he quickly concealed it.
"Nothing you can think of to do will change this." He stated.
"There has to be something I can do. Anything." I begged, feeling my heart sinking into my stomach. James broke eye contact, opening the door to Miss Kate's office. She looked up at him, waiting for him to talk.
"Give the duet to someone else or I'll quit A troupe." He said, walking away before she could even answer. My heart shattered as I watched him walk onto the dance floor, beginning to rehearse. I looked back to Miss Kate, seeing her watch me, her eyes showing sympathy. I inhaled, shaking my head and grabbing my bag, walking out of the studio.