Chapter 17

Emily's POV

"Why didn't you call me sooner?!" I exclaimed as I saw Hunter, West and Eldon in the waiting room of the hospital.
"I tried calling you 10 times. I got your voicemail every time." Hunter told me. I exhaled, choosing not to respond. He was right. I ignored his first 10 calls. It was on the 11th that I decided something had to be wrong. And I was right. As soon as he told me Riley was in hospital, I jumped in my car and sped the whole way here. My gaze focussed on Eldon, and I furrowed my brows.
"Why aren't you with Riley?" I asked him. Why would he leave her alone?
"He got kicked out." West informed me, trying not to laugh while Eldon scowled. I turned to my twin furiously.
"What did you do?!" I snapped.
"I don't want to talk about it." He responded, staring at the ground.
"I'll talk about it." West offered, seeming too happy to see Eldon get in trouble.
"Talk." I demanded.
"Well apparently Riley and James have been secretly dating, but of course Eldon didn't know that. He walked in on them one day, which Riley was unaware of, and forced James to break up with her. He did, and then she met Nathan. She found out she was pregnant with James's child and tried to break up with Nathan to get back together with James, which landed her in the hospital. She miscarried the child and is blaming Eldon, and I personally think he deserves it." West explained, patting Eldon on the shoulder as he said my brother deserved this. Eldon looked unamused by the story. I was in shock.
"That's a lot of information in 30 seconds." I said, attempting to keep everything in line. I cleared my throat, knowing that despite how many thoughts were going through my head, I had to remain calm and make sure Riley was okay. "Alright, someone take me to my sister." I ordered. Hunter stood, leading me down the hallway.
"The doctor said that she's pretty okay. Obviously she had the miscarriage, and she also has a concussion, but other than that the injuries are exterior, cuts and bruises and stuff. He has to talk with Riley about how to deal with the concussion and miscarriage, but he's giving her some time to grieve. And don't worry, she hasn't been alone this entire time. James is in there with her, and West and I have been in a few times to check on her as well." He informed me as we walked down the hall.
"Okay. Thank you so much. For everything." I told him, stopping to grab his hands in mine.
"What do you mean?" He asked, confused as to why I was thanking him.
"You didn't have to do any of this. You didn't have to wait here for hours. You didn't have to stay with her, but you did. Thank you for being such an amazing boyfriend and for being so amazing to my family." I said.
"I'd like to think anyone would do it. It's just the right thing to do." He replied. I smiled at him, feeling so incredibly happy.
"I know you believe that. That's what makes you such an incredible person." I responded. I pulled onto my tiptoes to place a kiss on his lips. "Thank you." I said again as he ran his hand through my hair.
"Don't mention it. I'll be with Eldon." He stated. I nodded, and he turned to leave as I opened the door to Riley's room.