Chapter 19

Michelle's POV

Walking into the studio on Tuesday, it was an absolute mess. There was dried blood and shattered glass on the floor, benches had been moved, looking as though they'd been thrown across the room. Even Miss Kate looked shocked, so I knew she hadn't seen whatever had happened. However as Hunter, West and James wandered in, they didn't look the least bit surprised. "I'll get the mop." James announced, turning and walking out of the studio to the janitorial closet. Miss Kate licked her lips, unsure of what to say.
"Umm..... What happened?" She asked, looking around at the mess, before the guys, who were heading over to clean it up.
"You see, that's a long story." West answered.
"I think they'll be here soon..." Hunter said, checking something on his phone. "So we'll give you the cliff notes version." Miss Kate nodded, and her, Giselle, Thalia, Chloe, Amanda and I all waited anxiously for him to continue talking. "It turns out that Nathan isn't as good of a guy as we all thought." He stated.
"Wait, that's Riley's blood? What happened to her?" Giselle asked, eyes wide, looking horrified.
"She's okay. Just a concussion and..... Other things." West reassured her.
"Other things?" Chloe questioned, brows furrowed in confusion.
"Okay, don't freak out because you don't have the time to." Hunter told us. We all nodded, waiting for him to explain. "So, apparently Riley and James were dating in secret." While everyone else's faces flashed with shock, mine stayed blank.
"Yeah, they broke up." I said. Everyone's heads snapped to me.
"I'm choosing to not ask how you know, because that probably way too long of a story." Hunter told me.
"Anyways, they broke up, like Michelle said, and Riley got with Nathan. She found out later she was pregnant, it was James's-" West explained, Miss Kate cutting him off.
"She's pregnant?!" She exclaimed. Hunter and West exchanged a glance.
"Was." Hunter corrected. My hands shot up to cover my mouth in shock. No! She lost the baby?!
"I have the mop." James announced, walking into studio A with the mop, signalling the end of the story. He walked over to start mopping up some dried blood as we all fell silent, trying not to let the shock overtake us.
"Sorry we're late!" Emily called. I turned, seeing her standing in the doorway with her siblings.
"Trust me, it's fine." Miss Kate said. The mess had barely been cleaned up yet, so Riley knew that we'd heard the story. She knew we would've asked questions, and she knew that Hunter and West would give us answers.
"So, unfortunately for the next few weeks Riley will be unable to dance." Emily informed us as she put her stuff in her cubby. Riley looked over at her, a confused look on her face.
"Okay, that's what the doctor said, but it doesn't mean anything. I'm fine." She argued, causing Emily to sigh. Riley's stubborn. Even more so than Emily sometimes.
"If the doctor said it, it means something." Miss Kate told her, hoping to be the voice of reason.
"Nah, they don't even know what they're talking about." Riley responded. Emily turned away from her cubby, facing Riley.
"There is no way in hell you are dancing. The doctor said no strenuous activity, that includes dance. So go sit your butt down before I drive you home." She stated, a 'no none sense' look on her face. Riley sighed, but turned and walked to the benches, doing as told. I sat beside her, feeling horrible. I was the one who took her to that stupid bar, she met Nathan because of me.
"I'm sorry." I whispered, pulling her against me. The other girls made their way over, hugging her tightly as well.
"Uh, I can't breathe." Riley told us, causing us all to loosen our grip.
"Sorry Ri!" Thalia said, the rest of us copying.
"We're just happy you're okay." Chloe stated, all of us, even Miss Kate, agreeing.
"Well, I'd be better if I could dance." Riley responded, causing everyone to laugh. She's not going to give up on that anytime soon.