7 // Introduction Doesn't Mean Interrogation

The next morning I quickly visited recovery girl whist Akamine and Aiko followed me. Aiko's tutor is still ill but they think they'll be back to work tomorrow, so that's a relief.

Akamine is determined to help introduce me to my new class, but she's just talking nonsense and is making us later and later because she keeps getting distracted by Aiko, who keeps getting distracted by everything.

At first I played along, asking why class 1A were in ground beta. Turns out All Might was just showing them the grounds they were working in later that day, so it wasn't a fake robbery. She also tells me that they were doing a hero vs villain exercise and that Bakugou and a kid called Midoriya went full out. After a bit though, I begin to get irritated.

The amount of times I've had to yell "keep up" or "come on" is getting ridiculous. Once we get to recovery girl I'm patched up in no time, then it's my turn to slow down.

I know I kind of met class 1A yesterday, and that Mina's in that class, but I can't help but be incredibly anxious about the whole thing. It's been almost two years since I've been in a class full of people. I don't really know what to expect.

I hear Akamine curse to herself before she garbs my wrist, sending me into panic mode. I realise after her that we're already late. It didn't help that we got caught up in the press outside and then they took forever anyway.

We get to the room and I freeze. I give Akamine a look of "if they murder me, look after her" before she pushes me in the class, not too far behind me.

"Right settle down." Aizawa starts. "This is your new classmate. Why don't you introduce yourself or something I don't care." Ah so he's one of those teachers. I hear Mina squeal and I smile at her and give her a small wave.

"Okay so," I take a deep breath as I feel my nerves build up, "my name is Kiriko Hara and, as you all know I passed an exam yesterday which meant that I'm able to join you all today." I try my best to sound as formal as possible.

"How come she didn't have to do the same exam as everyone else?" That half and half haired boy speaks suddenly. "I thought you either got in on recommendation or through the enterence exam." Akamine's quick to jump in.

"Well Todoroki, that's my doing. I came up with the plan to have a new exam which made people with less flashy quirks able to join the course. That was a trail run. It may take a couple of years and modifying for it to actually be put in place."

"What's the point in being in the hero course if your quirk isn't strong enough to beat even a couple of robots? She won't stand a chance against big time villains." Bakugou states bluntly. I can feel my anxiety get worse and worse by the second. "What the hell is your quirk anyway?"

I look up to Akamine for assistance because she knows how much I dislike explaining my quirk. She shurgs. Great. Thanks.

"My quirk is called 'luck'." I say after a deep breath. "It's hard to explain and I'm not really sure how to, but basically the universe just kinda works in my favour."

"How is being lucky a damn quirk?!" Bakugou yells. "You might aswell just be fuckin quirkless." Yeah, I know that dumbass.

"Uh huh." My response isn't defensive in anyway and I accept what he's said because I believe it's true.

"What do you mean 'uh huh'?!" Mina suddenly jumps up in her seat. "Quick! Someone give me a coin." A yellow haired boy passes her a coin and then she turns to me and says "heads or tails?"

"Are you serious?" I know what she's trying to do but it doesn't mean much.

"Heads or tails?" She simply repeats. I rub my eyebrows in frustration. She's already played this game with me at lunch.

"Heads." I say. She flips the coin. It lands on heads. What a shock. She does this a couple more times and each time I get it right.

"So?" Bakugou dives it. "It's just a lucky coincidence." Mina turns to him and just squints and I giggle.

"Exactly." I state plainly, finding this whole thing amusing. "Stuff like that always happens because of my quirk." I rub the back of by neck, brushing my fingers over the bandages. "I know it's pretty shit, but it's all I've got, so how about you just give me a chance?" He seems completely taken back by my soft spoken words as I look up to make eye contact with him and he instantly looks away.

"Fine." He mutters. "Just stay out of my fucking way." That's fine by me.

"Both of you should watch your language." Aizawa joins in from his sleeping bag on the floor. I blankly look at him. "Go sit down." I give him a stiff nod and make my way to an empty chair at the back of the class.

I sit down and a sigh of relief escapes me. These people sure are a lot. I've only been in the room for five seconds and I've already been attacked.

Aizawa continues to talk and the discussion quickly turns into one about who's going to be class president after lecturing Bakugou and a green haired boy who must be Midoriya. A boy with blue hair and glasses proposes a democracy and puts forward an election. After putting two and and two together, I figure out that he's called Iida.

I don't know anybody too well and I'm certainly not about to vote for Mina. I love her but she's reckless. I find myself voting for Iida himself. I know I can vote for myself, but that's not going to get me anywhere. He seems responsible and he came up with the idea for the election himself.

Once the votes are collected in, I have none, as expected and to my surprise, Iida only has one, which means he's voted for somebody else. Midoriya is shocked to have three votes and ends up winning with Yaoyorozu in second with two votes.

Iida suddenly yells thanks to whoever voted for him and I smirk to myself.

Homeroom finishes pretty quickly after that and I walk with Mina and Yaoyorozu to English, mainly I'm just tagging along with Mina, but she's talking to the black haired girl.

I had a brief introduction to her at the dinner table and she seems sweet, although a little stuck up but that's understandable due to her wealthy upbringing.

I'm honestly kind of jealous of her. She has everything without actually trying. Her quirk is incredibly strong and she's very wealthy, not to mention she's incredibly attractive. She's what people might call the "total package".

She starts talking about English because Mina says she's struggling and it quickly turns into a lesson about English before our English lesson. Great she's smart too. It's not even like I can hate her because she's so nice. She just wants to help everybody.

"You know," she continues as I zone back into the conversation since she's now directly addressing me, "Todoroki rarely speaks out in class. He just keeps to himself mainly, but he didn't hesitate to call you out about the exam." I look at the floor and give a simple "huh" because I'm not sure what she wants me to say. She quickly goes back to talking with Mina and I go back to zoning out.

English flies by and Present Mic is still a bit iffy around me, guess he feels bad for losing Aiko yesterday still. I did tell him that is was fine.

After English, it's lunch and I hear Iida talking to Midoriya and Uraraka, saying that he voted for Midoriya and that's he wondering about who voted for him. I smile to myself and head to the girls.

I just sit down when the warning alarm goes off. People start rushing out of the room, causing a sort of crowd. It's dangerous and I feel the adrenaline fill my veins. I have no idea what's going on or where most of my class is.

Oh God. Aiko.