23 // This Is Everything I Never Wanted

"You'll be coming up with your hero aliases" Aizawa tells us at the start of class. A lot has happened in the past couple of days and I'm honestly a bit shocked at how quick it went.

From sleep overs to fighting villains, it's been a hell of a couple of days. It was more stressful then being in school honestly.

The excitement becomes fueled by something else as it's also revealed we'll be given the list of hero's that want to train with us. From everyone else, that is. I audibly groan and Mina turns around to look at me, giving me a sympathetic smile. I told her I wasn't looking forward to this yesterday and she tried to sympathise with me, but ended up saying she was excited.

The fact that I sit at the very back of the class doesn't help, there's literally one seat in this row and it's behind everyone else. Doesn't help that I'm not the tallest in the class either. There's no point in me even trying to see the board, it's not like I'm on it.

I put my head on my desk as the commotion stirs up. I hear Yaoyorozu complimenting Todoroki on the amount of people wanting him, that's nothing new. I blatantly ignore the whole situation completely until it shifts back to hero names.

People start talking about their hero names and one by one they get up. It's certainly amusing to see what people think of, some people have to go up multiple times because they can't find one Midnight approves of. There's an interesting bunch up there for sure. "I cannot stop sparkling" and "King explosion murder" are probably the most out there ones. "Froppy" and "Uravity" are probably the best ones in my opinion, they're creative and unique at the same time but also managing to give off a friendly vibe. Some people just went by their name like "Shoto".

I went up second to last, just after Iida. I'd spent a long time sitting on this and I honestly had no idea at first, but I turned to what I would want as a hero. Sure, I wanted to be a hero when I was younger, but I quickly dropped that dream and I lost all interest in thinking of a name. All I've ever wanted to do is give people a chance a surviving and everything being okay, and by people I mainly mean Aiko. She's my main focus, but now I'm meant to be a hero, I'm trying my best to expand my vision. Everybody deserves a chance at a good life.

That's it.

I hold my board up so the class can see and I say my chosen name with a little bit of anxiety, it's honestly nothing special but the laughter and reactions from my classmates so far hasn't done my nerves any good.

"Chance."

A strange silence hovers over the room and I feel my nerves build up more. Is it too plain? Too cliché? Just boring?

"Wow!" Midnight says, slightly startling me. "A unique name that links to your quirk too! Good job, Hara!" I awkwardly smile at her before sitting down. She's right, my quirk's entire thing is taking a chance and it working out, guess it was a good pick after all.

After Midoriya decides to go by Deku, Aizawa starts handing out the personalised sheets of apprenticeships. I watch people get handed them one by one, apparently Midoriya got none, guess I'm not alone in that then.

I stretch my arms up, moving my chest forward and closing my eyes, only to be incredibly confused to see Aizawa standing in front of me, holding a piece of paper.

"What?" I say before I can stop myself.

"Your sheet." He says bluntly. I'm getting more confused by the second.

"I wasn't even in the festival, why am I getting a sheet?" By now half of the class have span to look at me and I'm left incredibly lost and confused. They must all be aswell.

"Trust me," Aizawa says as I take the piece of paper out of his hand, "I was just as shocked as you are when I found out." He turns away and makes his way to the front of the desk. I sit there stunned, not even looking at the paper in front of me for a short while.

I quickly shake it off and look down at the paper, only to be stunned to silence once again. For a good couple of minutes I don't move or do anything, I just let it process.

People are standing around, talking about who they're going to work with and how excited they are.

"Hey! Kiriko!" Mina rushes up to me. "I saw that you got drafted? Even though you weren't in the festival. How's that even possible? " I stand up suddenly, completely blanking her and walking away. I have some questions to ask and a lot of confusion to get out of my system.

I'm at Todoroki's desk in a matter of seconds, he looks up at me and he raises his eyebrow in confusion, questioning what I could possibly want even though we actually get along. Sometimes.

I slam the piece of paper on the desk in front of him without saying a word. He just looks even more confused now. He looks down at the paper and I witness shock and confusion spread across to boy's face, only to vanish in a second. He doesn't seem to react further than that, but it was clearly there for a second.

We both stand there for a good thirty seconds, just blankly staring at the paper and the words it contained, both of us in a bubble of "What the fuck is happening". This is possibly the most bizarre thing that's happened in a while, and I met a complete stranger in a cafe and moved in with her the same day so she could enrole in the school she works at.

"Todoroki?" I mutter.

"Yeah?" He says equally as quiet.

"Does this have anything to do with you?"

"Not at all."

"Then I don't get it, why would your dad even consider drafting me?"