27 // Uh Oh

Chapter 12 // At Least We Have The sky has been added to in a way that's gonna be important in a bit so go reread it if you haven't already. Not much has changed, but what has is important. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you're reading this after the 7/5/19 (or if you're American 5/7/19) then don't worry.

I hung up the phone with Akamine once I finished explaining to her that we were in Hosu looking into an investigation and it was actually incredibly boring. I'd been following Todoroki and his dad around for a good couple of hours now.

They were both questioning people, well, Endeavor was making his son question people. Todoroki seemed to be very passive about the whole situation honestly.

"Hey," I say, running to catch back up with them, "didn't Iida pick an apprenticeship in Hosu? Do you reckon he's nearby?"

"Probably not, Hosu's a big place." Todoroki says, completely logical as always. "He'll be working anyway so it's not like it matters too much."

"I guess." I mutter quietly. I feel so damn lost with these two. They're so organised and forward and I'm all over the place. Something about this city puts me on edge. Probably the fact that there's a murderer on the loose. Yeah, that'll do it.

There's suddenly an incredibly large explosion which scares the shit out of me and I freeze. There's smoke billowing into the sky as fire raises from a lot of buildings nearby. What the hell is going on? Why is this happening?

I hear a horrible screaming noise from the civilians and I watch as a twisted cryptic creature emerges from the buildings. I recognise it just like you'd recognise an artist's signature style.

A Nomu.

It goes to attack a young woman and her baby. Without thinking, my legs are moving beneath me.

"Hara!" Todoroki's voice rings loud and clear from behind me as I swing my staff into the creature. I hit it's arm and it bends in the most unnatural way possible, making the creature stumble but it quickly gains it's composure. I've distracted it from the woman but now I don't have a plan.

Luckily a group of heros swoop in and tell me to stay back. I don't have any choice but to do as I'm told as Todoroki grabs my arm and pulls me away from them.

There are reports of more Nomus further in the city centre so Endeavor insists we head off in that direction. I'm walking next to Todoroki whilst he lectures me on how my actions were dangerous for a solid five minutes.

"Are you insane? We know how strong those things are because of how much All Might struggle to defeat one. Back then you stopped us all from fighting because it was too dangerous but now you're here diving into action like there's no tomorrow. The pros have more of a chance of defeating those things than we ever do. That was stupid." He finishes as he looks at me, I'm staring at the floor and trying to ignore the chaos around us and do as I'm told. "But it was brave."

I look up at him and I'm slightly taken back, before I beam at him. He seems to freeze, like he just stops walking in his tracks, like he's be paralysed. I also stop walking because I'm very confused and I have genuinely no idea what just happened.

"Todoroki?" He's just staring at me and I can feel his eyes burning into me and I have no idea how to react or what to do. "We're losing your dad."

"I don't understand how you can smile so brightly even in a situation like this." Is that it? Come on man, we have bigger problems to deal with  here, way bigger problems.

"Yeah well, it's not very often I get called brave," I say honestly before grabbing his wrist, "we're gonna lose your dad in a flaming city and that isn't something we want right now." I pull him after me as we run after Endeavor. Luckily Endeavor's just walking at a brisk pace.

We catch up to him and I let go of Todoroki's wrist. Literally the second we've caught up with Endeavor, Todoroki pulls his phone out. Not the time buddy.

He looks at it for a long while, he furrows his eyebrows and is very clearly thinking about something.

"Todoroki?" Concern is weaved into my voice. "Are you-?"

"I have to go right now." He says suddenly, he yells a random address to Endeavor and tells him to meet him there with a bunch of pros before sprinting off.

"What the fuck?" I mutter very quietly to myself. "Todoroki! Wait!" I yell after him but he's already gone. Me and Endeavor stand there completely stunned.

"Come on then." He growls at me. "Looks like it's just me and you." He takes to marching off and again, I have to chase after him.

I can't help but worry about Todoroki. What happened for him to just run off like that and leave me with his dad? It's not like him to act without explanation. Something must be really wrong.

I'm pulled away from my troubles as we come across two Nomus in the middle of the town centre. Endeavor bursts into actions, using his fire with power and strength. If he wasn't such an ass hole he'd probably be pretty popular.

Endeavor fights along Gran Torino whilst I stand there like a useless twat. I can't help but watch in awe. Gran Torino? I think Midoriya mentioned that was the one person who drafted him. Wait, if Gran Torino's here then where's Midoriya? Is he here too? Oh God what about Iida, are they all caught up in the chaos? And where the hell's Todoroki? He said the address but I don't remember it at all.

"Don't just stand there!" Endeavor screams at me. "Help them!" I suddenly realise what I'm meant to do. I start helping the civilians by lifting them up and directing them to safety.

There's a very clear opening between the buildings that heros are directing people towards, so I do the same. Luckily, most people around this area don't seem to be suffering from any serious injuries.

There's a very loud crashing sound as the top of one of the buildings collapses. The cloud of dust renders me useless as I can't see and I'm practically choking. I can't see a thing and I don't know what to do.

A large pile of rubble from the broken building appears once the dust has settled and I hear someone yelling for help. I freeze on the spot. I know that voice.

I sprint round the other side of the pile and I come to see the person screaming. You have to be kidding.

"Akamine?!" I yell as she frantically tries her best to move the rubble.

"Kiriko!" I see years streaming down her face as she turns to look at me. She's using her quirk as well as she can to move the broken building bits. I've never seen her in this stage before. She's such a mess, her black jumper is torn and her face is dirty, she clearly wasn't here on hero work because she isn't wearing her costume.

"What are you doing here?!" I scream at her. She shouldn't be here. If she's here then who the hell's Aiko with?

"Aiko insisted on coming to see you in Hosu to surprise you when you gave us that call earlier, we were only a fifteen minute trip away from Hosu because we were visiting a nearby town for the day out. I thought it'd be fine." She seems exhausted and panicky. A deep sinking feeling overwhelms me. "I didn't want this. I never wanted this."

"Where's Aiko?" Choked sobs escape her as she can't seem to get her words out. No. This isn't happening. Not now.

She tries her best to speak but nothing really comes out as she's trying her best to move the damage with her hands and quirk at the same time. I've never seen her so distressed and I prepare myself for the worst.

I frantically get to my knees and start pulling the rubble away as I can feel my heart in my throat. Akamine uses her quirk to move large chunks and both of us desperately scramble through the rubble.

"Hara!" Endeavor's voice rings out. "We have to go find Shoto, I'm done here." When I don't respond he stroms over to us.

"Help." I say in a whisper. "My sister I- she-" I've tried my hardest to avoid crying as the realisation hits me completely, but I can't stop my voice from break. Endeavor suddenly acts, surprisingly.

He moves a giant block of stone and I gasp as it reveals a child's hand. An unmoving child's hand.